Licensed Boiler Operator - Full-time
Saint Joseph, MN 56374
Join Land O’Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork. We’re a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative. While benefits can vary by location and role, most offer:
• Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D; short- and long-term disability insurance
• Retirement savings plan and profit-sharing plan, both with company match
• Paid time off and paid holidays, plus paid benefits for maternity and parental leaves
Boiler Operator – $5,000 HIRING BONUS
Relocation Assistance Provided and Benefits Start Date of Employment!
This role is at a Dairy Foods manufacturing facility for Land O’Lakes, creating dairy products that stand for real, simple goodness. We believe there’s power in every drop of milk our farmers produce, and by improving production and finding innovative uses for that milk, we add a little good to people’s lives.
Starting Pay: $31.50 per hour, $1.00 Night Shift Differential
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000.00 Total ($2,000.00 paid after 30 days, $1,500 retention bonus paid at 6 months, $1,500 retention bonus paid at 1 year)
Shift Hours: 5:00pm to 5:30am (2 on 3 off / 3 off 2 on Rotating schedule). Ability to work variable shifts, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor boilers for proper water level, pressure and efficient operation.
- Test boiler feed water and condensate and log results.
- Blow down boilers per schedule.
- Monitor the ammonia (refrigeration) system and plant compressed air system.
- Complete assigned PM’s and tasks in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment in accordance with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Participate in the plant safety program, including timely completion of safety training.
- Perform all duties safely, following all safety programs, to prevent injuries to self and others.
- Report all injuries and property loss incidents, including spills.
- LEAN Manufacturing – Contribute to a continuous improvement environment by participating in activities to include line side problem solving.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- MN First Class 2B Engineers license or greater required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to learn complex physics of large ammonia refrigeration system.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn, personal computers and software related to such.
- Able to perform basic math equations.
- Utilizes problem solving skills, applies creative thinking, uses resources, and makes effective decisions.
Physical Requirements regularly include:
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements.
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust is present.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Easy apply landscaper jobs
in Saint Joseph, MN
est. per hourDelta Companies • 3h ago Urgently hiring 9.1 mi