Travel Radiology Technologist (Tampa, FL) - Now Hiring
Tampa, FL 33602
PT/ FT Opportunities available!
Perform portable x-ray and other diagnostic imaging procedures in a variety of settings and locations around the United States to assist in the diagnosis of disease and injuries.
- Driving within a local area in a company-supplied vehicle to perform high quality portable x-rays, EKGs and other applicable diagnostic imaging services for patients in a variety of service locations, including private residences, skilled nursing homes, senior living facilities, correctional facilities and other places of service.
- Traveling to other company locations/areas around the country on a regular schedule to perform portable x-rays, EKGs and other applicable imaging services. The traveling portion shall involve no more than two weeks per month, unless agreed to in advance.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients' bones, tissues, and organs as per physicians’ orders.
- Demonstrating competence in the performance of portable x-ray studies based on established protocols and procedures.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their questions.
- Demonstrating safe work practices appropriate to position; including safe driving, radiation safety and ALARA principles, infection control, use of appropriate personal protective equipment; safe operation of x-ray generators and associated equipment, vehicle loading/unloading of x-ray equipment, safely moving portable x-ray units during patient visits, and other activities associated with performing the responsibilities as a portable x-ray technologist.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Following all company policies, procedures, protocols, and complying with all applicable state and federal rules, regulations, and standards.
- As directed, assisting with order entry and management, customer service support, validation of studies, dispatching of technologists, report uploads and distribution, communication with radiologists, nursing staff, providers, patients, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Employee shall be compensated at his/her regular hourly rate for actual travel time to a different market/area up to a maximum of 8 hours per day, unless otherwise approved by management.
- Per Diem. Employee shall be allotted a fixed daily amount used for covering expenses such as meals and other incidental costs when travel on approved company trips.
- Employee shall follow company policies and guidelines when making travel and lodging reservations.
- Meets all state-specific and federal requirements perform portable x-rays, including one or more of the following.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Radiologic Technologist RT (R).
- Limited Scope X-ray Operator – in accordance with State-specific requirements.
- State x-ray license (if applicable)
- Has a valid state-issued driver’s license and maintains a good driving record.
- Passes required background check(s).
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills to perform required duties.
- Acts professionally, exhibits a friendly, caring and positive attitude when interacting with management, employees, patients, patient’s family, nurses, providers, client staff and other stakeholders.
- Is reliable, dependable, and ethical.
At DispatchHealth, we're building the world’s largest in-home care system to deliver trusted and compassionate care to all. We offer on-demand acute care and an advanced level of medical care for people of all ages in the comfort of their own homes. Our emergency medicine and internal medicine trained medical teams are equipped with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. We works closely with payers, providers, health systems, EMS, employer groups, and others to deliver care in the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital stays, and readmissions. Acute Care medical teams are available seven days a week, holidays and can be requested online or a quick phone call.
About DispatchHealth Imaging
DispatchHealth Imaging, with the acquisition of PPX & DMI, has over 50 years of mobile imaging experience. DispatchHealth Imaging professionals travel locally to diagnose patients in their own homes or at a facility. As the premiere provider of portable digital x-rays, ultrasounds, EKGs, holter monitors, echocardiograms, and dopplers we pride ourselves on having superior digital technology which allow for expedited care. Home health care services are becoming increasingly common, and this is a great opportunity to become part of one of the fastest growing mobile imaging companies in the country.Connect With Us:
Get to know us! Watch the video below to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on , and to learn more.
in Tampa, FL
Emergency Department (ED) Medical Coder
Est. $44 Full-time, Part-time Tampa, FL 33650 Urgently Hiring
HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital
Clinical Support Resource RN
Est. $44 Full-time, Part-time Tampa, FL 33609 Urgently Hiring
Est. $101 Full-time, Part-time Tampa, FL 33607 Urgently Hiring Full-time Tampa, FL 33607
Central Support Operations Coordinator - National Remote
Full-time, Part-time Tampa, FL 33650 Urgently Hiring
Clinical Review Coordinator - National Remote
Full-time, Part-time Tampa, FL 33650 Urgently Hiring
Social Worker - LCSW - Tampa, FL (Sarasota, Manatee, Pinellas counties)
Est. $41 Full-time, Part-time Tampa, FL 33650 Urgently Hiring
Clinic LPN WellMed at Sheldon
Est. $27 Full-time, Part-time Tampa, FL 33650 Urgently Hiring
Radiology Coding Quality Assurance - National Remote
Est. $35 Full-time, Part-time Tampa, FL 33650 Urgently Hiring
Easy apply radiologic technologist jobs
in Tampa, FL
Gulfview Vision Associates
$1000 per day Part-time Brandon, FL 33511 Urgently Hiring
(RBT) Registered Behavior Technician
Est. $47 Part-time Tampa, FL 33603 Urgently Hiring Est. $45 Full-time Tampa, FL 33633
Travel Nuclear Medicine Technologist
$3,200.00 to $3,200.00 hourly Full-time Tampa, FL 33646
Lutheran Services Florida
Support Specialist (1028)
$15.38 to $15.38 hourly Full-time Tampa, FL 33605 Full-time Tampa, FL 33633 Est. $45 Full-time Tampa, FL 33679 Est. $45 Full-time Tampa, FL 33631 Full-time Tampa, FL 33694