Mobile Equipment Mechanic - Hiring Now
Westernville, NY 13486
Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: Starting at $20
Line of Business: Aggregates
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Sign On Bonus - $2,000!
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits Year-Round
- Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for Winter Work and Learning New Skills
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a mobile equipment mechanic for our Ogdensburg facility located in New York.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes way beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Do you pride yourself in the ability to fix anything? Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Plant Maintenance Mechanic to assist with the maintenance operations at this site. You will have the opportunity to tackle new challenges each and every day to keep the plant running smoothly and efficiently.
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, graders, and conveyors, used in construction, logging, and surface mining.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Repairs and assesses malfunctions, rebuilds, and performs maintenance on construction equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
- Operate individually and within a team environment
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
This position will be based at Oriskany Falls.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance scheduling
- 3-5 years of journeyman level mechanic experience required
- Valid drivers’ license required. Class A or B preferred.
- 5 years heavy mobile equipment experience
- Experience preferred on dozer, Cat haul trucks, front end loaders, mobile cranes, and forklifts
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- MSHA Part 48 Training a plusWe appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process. Heidelberg Materials is a drug free workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="1C11604B3DA8440C8304BE48217A07A0425">
Easy apply automotive mechanic jobs
in Westernville, NY
Allied Spring & Suspension
Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Technician
$20-$35 hourly Full-time East Syracuse, NY 13057 Urgently Hiring