Similar available jobs
in Smithtown, NY
est. per hourProud Moments • 5d ago
est. per hourProud Moments • 21h ago New
Patient Navigator - Part-time
Smithtown, NY 11787
Job Title: Patient Care Navigator
Provides education, acts as a liaison with the patient, physician, family, other health care personnel, hospital administration, agencies and community groups throughout the patient's hospital stay or service. Supports and guides patient and family in the health care decision-making process including but not limited to admissions, diagnostics, surgical/medical interventions, discharge, and support services. Serves as point of contact, clinical leader and resource to staff and administration. Provides patients and family with needed information for the transition from active treatment to managing their condition independently. Patient care may involve inpatient and outpatient services. Patient care needs will vary depending on the service line area. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission, vision, and value of Practice Management of America.
- Perform outreach calls to a clinician’s patients
- Discuss gaps in care and care opportunities
- Discuss the need for Annual Wellness Visits (AWV) for Medicare Advantage (MA) patients
- Discuss the need for Annual Preventive Visits (APV) for Commercial
- Provide patient education on AWV and APV to MA patients and Commercial, respectively
- Contact patients with a recent emergency room or inpatient visits for Transition of Care follow-up; assist in scheduling appointment with PCP.
- Assist patients in scheduling appointments for the above opportunities
- Address potential barriers to care
- Work closely with physician offices and establish a rapport with physicians and office staff.
- Travel to and from clinicians’ offices, as necessary
- Prominently wear and display IPANS name badges
- Comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
- Participate in practice staff meetings, educational events, on-site and off-site training sessions, and attend quarterly after-hours IPANS Office Managers and Members meetings
- Work with a TEAM approach
- Embrace the IPANS mission statement and act as an “ambassador” for IPANS goals
- Job responsibilities can/may/will change as the role evolves and the vision expands.
Minimum required credentials for Patient Navigator:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology, common medical abbreviations, and chart documentation
- Familiarity with common, current preventive service recommendations
- Competence in the use of computers, email, texting, and the current versions of Microsoft Office, especially EXCEL other commonly used business software
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in community health care or human service setting, community health education and/or outreach position required
- Ability to work independently 8. Word, Excel, Outlook skills required
- Medical Assistant preferred or with equivalent experience with patient-focus care.
Job responsibilities can/may/will change as the role evolves and the vision expands.
Compensation: Salary / Benefits dependent upon experience. References a requirement.