Enterprise Technical Architect
New Bedford, MA 02745
The Enterprise Technical Architect is responsible for providing leadership and direction in understanding, advocating and advancing the enterprise architecture plan. This individual will support corporate-wide strategic initiatives that suggest possible use of technologies new to the company, which can deliver a positive return to the business. The individual in this position anticipates IT industry future directions and relates them to business and architecture needs. The position involves interfacing across a variety of audiences, acting as visionary to proactively define technical direction on future and transformative projects. This individual must remain continuously aware of business, technical and infrastructure issues and act as a sounding board or consultant to facilitate the development of creative solutions.
- Drive architecture and oversee design for highly complex projects that require broad business knowledge and in-depth expertise across multiple specialized architecture domains. This person is responsible for facilitating business stakeholder understanding and guiding decisions with significant strategic, operational and technical impacts. This person provides guidance to solution architects and technical leads for significant and transformative projects that have high impact to enterprise architecture.
- Monitor technology trends to assess potential uses of new technologies to meet identified business goals. Conduct vendor evaluations, RFP reviews and contract reviews to ensure technology candidates provide needed capability, complement the Point32Health ecosystem and do not add risk.
- Maintain critical architecture artifacts including the enterprise systems topology, Technology Management Plan, Enterprise Architecture Technology Policy. Oversee domain based reference architectures.
- Participate in governance forums to ensure adherence to technology policy including the Data Architecture Review Board, Technical Architecture Committee, Technology Management Steering Committee.
Proven experience and extensive knowledge of issues (both technical and professional) in the business of managed healthcare. Ability to facilitate understanding and problem-solving with business audiences related to impacts of complex technical decisions.
Working knowledge of and experience in one or more domains
- Infrastructure/Cloud - including networking, systems automation, DevOps, container technologies, cloud deployment/migration, maintenance strategies (knowledge of AWS or Azure is a plus)
- Health payer systems of engagement including portals, CRM systems, consumer facing technologies; proven knowledge of user experience design including design principles, trends, research and testing techniques is a plus
- Enterprise integration including knowledge of REST/SOAP, XML, JSON, MuleSoft, Oracle SOA Suite, OIC, Tibco ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks
- Database and Big Data technologies (Teradata/Vantage, Oracle, SQL Server, Databricks, Cloudera)
Strong health and life sciences business background, including understanding of health care data standards (HIPAA, HL7, FHIR)
Strong leadership skills are needed to drive adoption of new approaches, guide business decision-making on to technology-enabling capabilities and design solutions. The employee must also be able to work cooperatively as a team member.
Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate key points and impacts to technical and business audiences at a variety of levels including executives, middle management, vendors and individual contributors within the managed health community.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees — including remote employees — must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
About the Company
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R5804