Business Development Director - DIA Pursuits - Now Hiring
Chantilly, VA 20151
The National Solutions Operation (NSO) within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Sr Business Development Director to help us solve mission-critical challenges for the Intelligence Community primarily focused on our work with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
Leidos strives to make the world safer and our customers more efficient through the delivery of Intelligence Tradecraft professionals and solutions, as well as through the delivery of Transformative Information Technology (IT) solutions built with Transformative Software and Analytics. NSO provides All Source expertise in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions across intelligence gathering disciplines with emphasis on HUMINT, GEOINT, and SIGINT.
In this role, as the Sr Business Development Director for our DIA business, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals in a high-paced environment. You are expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, campaigns and associated marketing with the Operation. You will collaborate with a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts, in achievement of the Operations short and long-term business development goals. You will maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and execute cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. Essentially, you will drive Leidos’ expertise into new and evolving mission areas.
- Partners with the Operations VP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include biweekly pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the pipeline, recommends BD priorities and resource allocation
- Establishes and measures progress with the Operations’ priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the Operations’ strategy based on market research and corporate direction.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develops and supports strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
- Represents Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences and panels.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 13+ years of relevant experience
- 13+ years of experience supervising or leading business development teams or programs
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Defense organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Intelligence Community and Government personnel, specifically DIA
- Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required 10% -20% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Preferred Qualifications
- List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Accomplished and fiscally oriented leader with experience as business developer, capture manager, and business strategist.
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
- All Source, data analysis or similar experience related to intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions and the intelligence gathering disciplines is preferred
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $2 billion or greater.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
in Chantilly, VA
Full-time Chantilly, VA 20152 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Sterling, VA 20166 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Reston, VA 20196 Urgently Hiring
OR Tech Travel Allied
$2,157 per week Full-time Dulles, VA 20166 Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Centreville, VA 20122 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Sterling, VA 20166 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Washington, DC 20041 Urgently Hiring
Full-time Chantilly, VA 20152 Urgently Hiring
Easy apply radiologic technologist jobs
in Chantilly, VA
Cross Country Allied
CT Technologist - RAD / CT Technologist - CT
Est. $14.50 - $18.91 Full-time Glen burnie, MD 21061 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.36 - $24.68 Part-time Bethesda, MD 20814 Est. $14.50 - $18.91 Part-time Annapolis, MD 21401 Est. $29.08 - $39.94 Part-time Annapolis, MD 21401 Est. $14.22 - $20.49 Part-time Bethesda, MD 20814 Est. $29.55 - $42.82 Part-time Bethesda, MD 20814
Cloudburst Consulting Group, Inc.
Evaluation Specialist - International Development
Part-time Landover, MD 20785 Est. $29.55 - $42.82 Part-time Frederick, MD 21702
Field Service Representative-UMMC
Est. $12.50 - $15.43 Part-time Arbutus, MD 21227