The job below is no longer available.
Similar available jobs
in Austin, TX
- $16.50 - $22.50
Verified per hourCargill • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourKFC • 6d ago Urgently hiring
- $15 - $16
Verified per hourTaco Bell • 30d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourPappadeaux Seafood • 30d ago
Kitchen Manager - Mueller
Austin, TX 78750
30 days ago
$19 per hour
About this job
The Kitchen Manager is a developer of people, a culinary superstar, and a fundamental part of the venue leadership team responsible for maximizing profits and controlling all aspects of kitchen operations - including but not limited to food quality, product costs, inventory efficiencies, maximizing storage and space, labor cost, staffing levels, safety, sanitation practices and systems and productivity.
A recipe for success in this role is equal parts people development, creating amazing and delicious experiences for our guests, and a focus on financial discipline to drive results.
To Ensure EVERY Guest & Teammate Has An AWESOME Experience And Is EXCITED To Come Back
OUR CORE VALUES
DO THE RIGHT THING
We strive to be a force of good in our company, in our industry and in the world. We stand up for our beliefs even when it is hard. We start from a place of kindness.
We value what is unique about each other and celebrate our differences. We treat each other with respect, support each other’s passions, and help each other grow. We welcome healthy debate but don’t tolerate intolerance. We take this commitment outside our 4 walls, creating neighborhood theaters that are deeply tied to the local community.
Like the crew of the Starship Enterprise™, we seek out new experiences and pursue innovation in all of our work. We take risks and chart new territory. We learn from our mistakes and continuously improve.
GIVE A SH!T
We are passionate about creating awesome experiences. We obsess over every detail and take pride in our work because we know it makes all the difference to our guests and our teammates. Our pursuit of excellence drives us to do our best.
CORE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold standards of behavior as defined by the company Core Values, Code of Conduct and Operational Guidelines
- Ensures a safe and sanitary working environment that minimizes the risk of incident, injury and food handling related issues
- Sets high food quality expectations by maintaining and coaching recipe adherence, line checks, portion controls, pristine cleanliness, organization, appropriate food storage and sanitation standards
- Conducts thorough line checks, temperature logs, and other required kitchen systems in a timely manner, utilizing these as a coaching tool for staff members
- Monitors inventory and reports results to the General Manager - develops hourly teams on the appropriate utilization of the inventory system
- Maintains, controls and develops teams’ food cost acumen by properly ordering and receiving products - utilizing PMIX to minimize waste and establish accurate pars/prep lists
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels by tracking labor and maintaining budgeted staffing expectations - interviews and hires rockstar kitchen teammates
- Schedules kitchen teams - utilizing forecasting and labor proforma tools, posting and communicates schedules timely so our teams can plan appropriately
- Actively participates in core menu and LTO rollouts, including planning necessary item rotation, depletion, additions and team training
- Consistently reviews tickets times ensuring all food is promptly made and delivered
- Maintains appropriate smallware supplies and ordering practices
- Leads by example and coaches communication between all roles within the venue
- Maintains an upbeat, energetic presence throughout shift
- Maintains the kitchen communications board - verifies teammate knowledge and understanding of the information provided
- Conducts daily shift meetings and larger kitchen team meetings to keep the team informed and engaged
- 3+ years high volume theater, restaurant or entertainment venue experience
- ServSafe Certification, local Health Cards (as required)
- Positive, fun, coachable and open-minded approach to life
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Maniacal focus on guest experience
- Resourceful problem-solving skills - loves a puzzle!
- Proven record of high standards
- Able to work 45 hours minimum; higher volume seasons and heavier work weeks are expected
- Basic computer knowledge (Google Workspace and Microsoft Office) and office skills required
- Ready and excited to work volume - weekends and holidays required