Diesel Tech-Mechanic - Full-time
| Estimated Pay ||$25 per hour|
|Location|| 7848 Linglestown Rd |
About this job
We are now looking for a Diesel Technician to join our team! As a Diesel Mechanic, you will provide accurate, efficient service to customers by troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing heavy duty trucks and trailers in a reasonable and responsible manner within company and industry standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a fun, trusting environment focused on providing great service where the expectations of the customer are exceeded
- Perform diagnostic testing and interpret results; Develop a repair plan and communicate it to the Service Advisor
- Repairing malfunctioning parts and other mechanical or electrical equipment; Complete repairs safely, effectively and efficiently
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Recommends other TA services with customer as part of inspection review process
- Maintain the safety of both our customers and employees
- A dedicated individual who works well with others and is excited to be part of our team!
- High School Diploma or GED; Graduate of acceptable trade school or manufacturer’s technical school, or previous mechanic experience
- Willingness to expand professional knowledge via education and training programs
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and some holidays in interior and exterior conditions
- Meet the requirements for the needed physical tasks with or without accommodation
- Investment in own tools
$17.00 to 20.40 per hour
Our travel centers serve thousands every day; not one traveler is the same and our team must reflect that. We can "return every traveler to the road better than they came" only by understanding and celebrating individualism. TravelCenters of America is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, familial status, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, handicap, military service or Veteran status, genetic information or membership in any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. At TravelCenters of America, we invite everyone to make themselves at home.
Compare PayEstimated Pay