Senior Environmental Specialist
|Location||Morgan hill, California|
About this job
If you have the desire to be involved in construction, and see the value of working in infrastructure with the dual goal of preserving and supporting the environment this is a job where your expertise can make practical and objective differences in our world. You will develop, implement and monitor project site environmental conditions to comply with environmental agency regulations and mitigate potential environmental liabilities. There will be species and wetland restoration work and Flatiron has a preference for those familiar with stormwater/SWPPP experience and those with exposure to water quality based turbidity. There will be large amounts of in-water work and is building in a beautiful region surrounded by birds and with responsibility for the noble purpose of protecting species while being involved in making the dam safer under the mounting pressures of global warming forecasts of changing weather patterns. Flatiron takes excellent care of its people and cares about having the right person in this job.
- Audits, analyzes and reports environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Works with design and construction team advising how to avoid and minimize adverse environmental effects.
- Manages subcontractors for project specific environmental work.
- Carries out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the organization’s environmental risks and financial costs.
- Writes environmental reports for supervisor review and leadership presentation.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Promotes and raises awareness, at all levels of the organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice.
- Coordinates public hearings and consultations on environmental matters.
- Trains staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Participates in environmental education and research.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or an environmental related field required.
- 3+ years’ experience or training in environmental regulatory and construction industry compliance required.
- In-Water Work experience preferred
- Automatic Treatment System experience preferred
- CPESC Certification (CA QSP) preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to become fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by date of hire to be considered.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.