Similar available jobs
in Nellis Afb, NV
Booz Allen Hamilton
Data Scientist, Lead
Est. $46 Full-time, Part-time Nellis AFB, NV 89191 Urgently Hiring
Data Scientist, Lead - Full-time / Part-time
Nellis Afb, NV 89191
Data Scientist, Lead
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors - from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence - you know the answers are in the data. We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to support the US Air Force's Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning and deep learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help drive innovation, research, and development for our military and government leaders.
You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in bringing decision support and innovation to our clients. In this role, you'll help define the direction of mission-critical solutions by applying data science best practices and technologies. You'll be part of a large community of data scientists, machine learning engineers across the firm and collaborate with data engineers, data visualization developers, data architects, and ISR product owners and mission experts. This team will deliver world class solutions to implement the ISR Artificial Intelligence, Automation, and data Augmentation (AAA) and cloud strategy across the ACC ISR enterprise by modernizing the digital environment to meet the requirements of 5th Generation Warfighting, Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2), Advance Battle Management System (ABMS), the Sensing Grid, Agile Combat Employment (ACE), the Intelligence Community's (IC) Augmenting Intelligence with Machines (AIM), Information Environment, and Information Technology Environment strategies. This role will also include applying advanced consulting or extensive technical expertise and full industry knowledge. Develop innovative solutions to complex problems. Your advanced consulting skills and extensive technical expertise will guide clients as they navigate the landscape of data science, tools, and frameworks.
If you have the drive to solve real-world challenges and define data science strategy for the Air Force, there's a place for you here. At Booz Allen, you'll make a difference with us, and, in return, we'll invest in your future.
Join us. The world can't wait.
* 6+ years of experience with data science, data analytics, software engineering, or machine learning engineering, including in an academic or professional work environment
* 3+ years of experience with project work in machine learning, computer vision, NLP, or signal processing
* Experience in working with Department of Defense
* Experience with distributed programming languages, including Spark
* Experience with extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes and tools
* Experience with scripting languages, including Python, SQL, or R
* Experience with data visualizations and reporting tools, including Plotly or Matplotlib and cloud services, including AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
* Ability to learn new skillsets to solve challenging problems
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
* Experience with GPU-programming, including CUDA, RAPIDs, or similar and building and developing machine learning algorithms
* Experience with data orchestration tools, including Airflow and data engineering and data science tools, including Databricks, ElasticSearch, Apache NiFi, or StreamSets
* Experience with data lakes, data warehouses, data lake houses and enterprise DataOps, DevSecOps, and MLOps processes to operationalize and monitor data science models
* Experience with C++ and Java and unmanned or autonomous systems
* Experience with CI/CD, including Git, Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes
* Ability to gather requirements from customers and lead Agile teams
* Top Secret clearance
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field
* Amazon Certified Machine Learning Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us-that's why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like , tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you'll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we'll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life-at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. so you'll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen's benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual's particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $106,200.00 to $242,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen's total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you'll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you'll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We're an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change - no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.