Home Loan Advisor II- Ocala and Villages Area
The Villages, FL 32162
At VyStar, we offer competitive pay, an excellent benefit package that includes a 401(k) Plan, an extensive paid technical and on-the-job training program, and tuition reimbursement--available to all full and part time employees. Part time positions start at a minimum of 30 hours per week.
We encourage you to become a part of VyStar Credit Union's family of employees.Home Loan Advisor II- Ocala and Villages AreaThis position will develop, retain, and deepen member relationships within an assigned geographic region through originating residential first mortgages, equity loans, and specialty mortgage products. The Home Loan Advisor II would provide solid relationship management efforts with members and the branch team by providing efficient and excellent member service. The Home Loan Advisor II will professionally handle any mortgage origination inquiries and referrals from existing members, non-members, and internal sources. This position is expected to effectively resolve problems or situations relating to mortgage members within an assigned pipeline, following established policies and procedures. The position would include originating specialized and more complicated mortgage products including First Time Homebuyers, Jumbo, Mobile Home & Land, Condo, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond, SHIP and other products as assigned by the Mortgage Sales Manager. These products are complex and require the Senior HLA to understand the guidelines for each county and the state specific guidelines. They are required to assist throughout the origination to closing process by communicating with multiple Florida jurisdictions. The Home Loan Advisor II will act as a resource for Home Loan Advisors with Fannie Mae, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond and SHIP Guides and provide direction for system navigation. The position would require a higher expectation of closed loan volume and higher tiered monthly scoring requirements. The position would require the incumbent to achieve an exceeds rating on their scorecard for the prior 6 months and have at least one year in the Home Loan Advisor position or five years as an outside Mortgage Loan Officer. The Home Loan Advisor II will act as a lead in the absence of the Home Loan Advisor Supervisor providing instruction, system navigation, guidance and any other questions from HLAs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Travels to assigned branch location to originate residential mortgage loans in VyStar branch and Call Center locations and assists the solicitation of residential first mortgages and equity loans in conjunction with Marketing initiatives. Provide quality service to members and potential members seeking residential mortgage loans.
- Acts as a resource for Home Loan Advisors to provide act as lead in policy, procedure, and Fannie Mae, FHA. VA, USDA, Bond and SHIP guidelines in the absence of lead of supervisor
- Must possess a clear understanding and proficiency in Fannie Mae, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond and SHIP guides as it relates to Mortgage Origination.
- Originates specialty products such as First Time Homebuyers, Jumbo, Mobile Home & Land, Condo, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond, SHIP and other products as assigned.
- Conducts a thorough interview, reviews and interprets credit and Desktop Underwriter, FHA/VA Automated Underwriting System and USDA Guaranteed Underwriting System requests appropriate documentation, discusses the outcome with member, and provides clear direction and expectations for the mortgage process. Submits a completed application with accurate notations to allow the support, processing, and underwriting teams to complete the file with minimal disruptions to the process flow.
- Acts as a main point of contact for member, branch and Call Center staff, as well as processing and support teams. Documents internal, external, and member conversation for each file. Provides guidance throughout the process and acts as a liaison between members and processing/support teams. Maintains communication with all support staff regarding progress of each mortgage loan file and communicates status and information to member as well as third parties as necessary.
- Regularly attends branch sales meetings. Prepares content for branch sales meetings periodically as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Attends and helps coordinate branch seminars relating to first time home buyers, seller seminars or buyer's seminars.
- Exceeds monthly scorecard requirements as developed by Home Loan Advisor Supervisor for six months consecutively.
- Supports VyStar's mission to become the primary financial institution of our members by providing service in an expeditious and courteous manner.
- Strives to meet individual goals by identifying opportunities to cross sell VyStar products and services and make referrals to branch Member Relationship Specialists and other VyStar business partners, i.e. Investment Services, Business Services, etc. Must be able to generate enthusiasm for all VyStar's products and services through the cross-selling process.
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors and to provide support and feedback to employees assigned to the processing unit to consistently practice and demonstrate VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their position. Expected VyStar behaviors are defined as:
Focus Focus your full attention by carefully listening toand observing your client or member.
Connect Consistently be friendly and approachable.Demonstrate you care.
UnderstandListen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%)
Counsel Recommend solutions based on your client's or member's needs and objectives.
Advance Ensure that member's expectations are exceeded. Verify follow-up action.
- Consistently demonstrates VyStar Excellence with providing service to the membership, credit union employees, and third-party vendors.
- Consistently adheres to VyStar core values and Code of Ethics and acts in accordance with corporate defined values and ethics.
- Responsible for understanding mortgage department goals as well as Credit Union goals and pro-actively works toward attainment of those goals.
- Identify and make recommendations to Mortgage Origination Management regarding process improvements, quality service, and increased efficiencies within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The incumbent should have a minimum of five years prior experience in mortgage lending or have qualified based on promoting through the Home Loan Advisor Certification. Must pass Federal NMLS training and obtain NMLS #, as well as, maintain annual education requirements. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license. Must be a self-disciplined and goal oriented worker with a demonstrated ability to work independently. Superior communication and time management skills are required.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization and problem-solving skills. Must demonstrate sensitivity and tact in handling highly confidential information.
- Equipment to be used in the daily performance of job duties includes mortgage payment calculator, PC, and copy machine. Must be able to work independently on a very professional level. Familiarity with conventional, VA, FHA, and equity loan financing as well as the knowledge of all regulations governing mortgage lending is preferred.
- Assuming the above prior experience, an incumbent selected for this position should be fully functional and producing consistently in this position within six months.
- The minimum formal education required is a two-year college degree. Work experience may be substituted at a rate of 2:1.
- The employee must meet and maintain all the requirements as a registered mortgage loan originator employed by a Federally Regulated Institution with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). The employee must comply with all provisions of the Act as defined in the Secure and Fair Enforcement of Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act) and credit union S.A.F.E. Act Procedures.
- The successful candidate for this job must have excellent communication skills including presentation skills and should have the ability to interface effectively with members, and potential clients to ensure smooth work flow and provide efficient service to members while staying abreast of changing policies and procedures.
- Continuing education via local conferences and workshops and membership in affiliated mortgage banking associations should be established as time and resources allow for updates on federal regulations and secondary market requirements.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
As required or requested, may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.