The job below is no longer available.
DIESEL MECHANIC - $10K BONUS
Mashpee, MA 02649
30 days ago
$29 per hour
About this job
Nauset Disposal has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic to work at our site in Yarmouth, MA.
As a key member of our automotive maintenance technicians team, your work as a Diesel Mechanic will focus on the overall maintenance of equipment used by our company in the transportation and handling of vehicles. This will involve, inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Initiating or assigning repairs by utilizing vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes
- Completing required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Reviewing, completing, or assigning repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Conducting safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Performing service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in the field
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to work an average of 50 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work 2nd shift Monday-Friday and occasional Saturdays
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Strenuous physical work, to include heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments to complete work assignments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain and supply own personal tools needed to perform essential duties
- Welding/fabrication experience, a major plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)