Staff Registered Nurse
| Verified Pay ||$32.00 - $48.00/hour|
|Location||Binghamton, New York|
About this job
United Health Services is hiring a Staff Registered Nurse to join our team in Johnson City, NY.
UHS is one of the region’s top employers with an excellent reputation for the care we provide. We are a 19-time recognized provider for our quality of care, including recognition from the AHA for taking significant steps to build a culture of health in the workplace. The chance to grow here is vast, and we encourage our staff to pursue all opportunities. Our team develops strong relationships with each other, and management genuinely cares about the personal and professional goals of those they work with. To achieve this, a few of our benefits include:
- Specialty Certification Support
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation Assistance
- Cross Training
- Sign-on Bonus
In addition to our community within the hospital, Johnson City has a welcoming culture and friendly residents. Affordable cost of living, beautiful scenery, and great nightlife and cultural activities are a few of the benefits of living in this area.
If you want to join a community and hospital that will give you a home away from home – UHS is the place for you.
Experienced candidates may be eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $20,000.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Medical-Surgical Respiratory Unit (NT 4) team in Johnson City, NY. This is a benefits-eligible position.
Shift: Days/rotation, 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Hours per week: 40
Salary: $32.00 - $48.00/hour, depending on experience
Registered Nurse (RN) Position Overview
As an important member of a multidisciplinary care team, the Registered Nurse provides direct patient care while ensuring a safe and healing environment. The RN works to prevent illness and injury and alleviate suffering through patient and family advocacy. A leader in patient-centered care, we expect RNs to exhibit high standards of compassion, teamwork, and clinical skills.
NT 4 is an inpatient respiratory and pulmonary unit that provides comprehensive care for patients with acute or chronic respiratory conditions, including those who have had tracheostomies, laryngectomies, COPD, and pneumonia. Comprising nurses, physicians, allied health professionals, support staff, and more, our team is dedicated to exceptional patient care.
When you work here, you become part of our family. We’re proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- Potential to receive up to $12,000 in tuition forgiveness for eligible RN candidates
- Comprehensive orientation and training programs
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards
- ANCC Success Pays no-cost certification program
- Robust Clinical Ladder program for internal, upward career mobility
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) resources and counseling
- Professional/leadership development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement or incentives to further your education
Registered Nurse Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide exceptional care to patients, including proper diagnoses and treatment
- Use a working knowledge of pharmacology and safely administer medications
- Engage with patients' family members to keep them informed and encouraged while maintaining meticulous patient records and documentation
- Establish and maintain caring and collaborative relationships with patients/families and colleagues (nurses, physicians, support staff, and other disciplines)
- Comply with all standards of practice and professional development in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act, Local Hospital and the Nursing Division’s policies, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the Patient’s Bill of Rights
- Provide a supportive learning environment for new employees and students
- Treat all patients, family, and other visitors with respect and compassion
- Demonstrate commitment to United Health Services’ organizational Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current New York State Registered Nurse license
- CPR certification within three months of hire
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous clinical nursing experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting
- Professional/advanced certification in a related nursing specialty
For Early-Career Candidates
If you are considering a career in nursing and have not completed the educational requirements to become a registered nurse, you may be eligible for our Education Incentive Program, which provides up to $6,000 per semester toward your degree.
New RNs and graduate nurses are eligible to apply for our year-long Nurse Residency Program that provides comprehensive training, orientation, and mentorship as you transition out of school and into the workforce. This all-encompassing program is valued at more than $120,000.
BENEFITS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE
While you’re making a difference in the health and well-being of our patients and communities, we take care of you. We are proud to be able to offer our employees and providers a comprehensive benefits package that supports their needs today and for the future with a competitive retirement plan; comprehensive health, dental, vision and health savings and spending accounts; wellness programs that empower our employees to stay healthy and balance work and life goals; group life and disability options; and a generous paid time off (PTO) program. On top of that, we invest in you by offering tuition reimbursement and other programs designed to help you grow your career. The majority of these benefits are available to you for working at least 24 hours per week.
These are just a few of the perks and benefits you can expect when you join the team. Be sure to ask your recruiter about all the benefits associated with the position you’re applying for.