Solution Architect- Payroll and Workforce Services - North America Virtual - Full-time / Part-time
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
At Alight, we believe a company's success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to "Be Alight."
It's why we're so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team's expertise in human insights and cloud technology, gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com.
The Solution Architect will serve as a contributor on a team that applies deep domain, product, industry and/or solution area expertise and an understanding of client priorities to create compelling solutions that bring our value proposition to life and increase our win and renewal rate during a sales process.
The Solution Architect is client-facing and collaborates with Sales through all stages of the sales process post-identification - from introductory meetings to requests for proposals (RFP), finalist meetings, contracting and hand-off to the delivery team(s). Upon request, the Solution Architect collaborates with Sales to develop product solutions scope and proposals, produce client-tailored sales meeting materials, educate the client on the technical aspects and details of Alight solutions, conduct solutions demonstrations, and coordinate with Negotiations and Pricings teams to determine deal pricing and final proposal delivery. In addition, the Solution Architect is responsible for staying current on competitors, market and industry trends, compliance developments and Alight capabilities. Solution Architects are also an important source of market feedback, working closely with Alight product owners to inform our roadmap.
- Extensive knowledge of HCM/Payroll administration and best practices. Ideally, able to speak from experience gained in a delivery, implementation or product development role.
- Takes ownership and provides Domain expertise for solutioning HCM/Payroll opportunities for prospective and current clients. Integrates with other Alight service areas (e.g., Benefits).
- Maintains expertise in Domain products and services and Alight's overall capabilities. Articulates and communicates Alight's value proposition and key differentiators.
- Collaborates with Delivery Leaders to stay connected to operations and delivery practices and share market insights. This network is utilized to ensure we are bringing the latest insights to the sales process.
- Utilizes knowledge in Alight's product set across automation, analytics, value engineering, consumer experience, and others to enhance the solutions tailored to the prospect
- Collaborates with Sales resources to develop and inform sales strategy in order to drive bookings and close opportunities
- Performs discovery and primarily leads product solution scoping for large, complex multi- or single solution deals (e.g., identify complexity drivers)
- Collaborates with Sales, subject matter experts, and business leaders to develop scope of Alight solution set and determine platform/technology
- Provides input to strategic questions related to defining the opportunity and overcomes customer objections to initiate and forward sales opportunities
- Generates demand by assisting clients to identify and qualify current needs and effectively articulate how Alight can add value
- Accountable for solution costing and coordinates with Finance and Sales, and Value engineers to construct business case
- Tailors materials and demo based on solution, client need and competitive landscape. Creates new materials where needed.
- Engaged in sales meetings, primarily answers solutions and technical questions, uses understanding of the client's business and depth of knowledge to personalize the recommended solution -with ability to collaborate with other experts and leaders at the client and internally.
- Conducts and leads effective solution demonstrations - bringing the solution to life via storytelling vs. a feature/function demo.
- Documents the solution concisely and clearly throughout sales process, ensuring maximum transparency and knowledge transfer across delivery.
- Supports the contracting process from a scope and solution point of view across statements of work, transition, commercials, and ensures that specifications of pricing are accurate to customer's needs
- Collaborates with other Architects in scope development for multi-solutions deals across products
- Reviews, updates, and provides input on RFP responses after initial draft is provided by the enablement team
- Creates responses for domain-related RFP questions and engages subject matter experts where needed
- Creates client-specific delivery model and service descriptions
- Owns Domain-related follow ups (e.g., questions received from Third-Party Evaluator)
- Assists with periodic review of RFP library content - ensure responses are compelling and reflect the latest on our solutions
- Provides input to product owners - insights and feedback from prospects and Third-Party Evaluators to inform priorities and enhancements
- Coordinates with business leaders and product owners to understand their needs and requirements of complex applications and on scope items that may require special development or staffing
- Coordinates with product owners to ensure that latest solution developments are reflected in sales materials and assist with building expertise in these areas
- Understand the competitive landscape and customer needs to position the Delivery organization effectively
Formal education and certification
- Bachelor's degree
- HR/Payroll/Benefits administration and sales knowledge preferred
Knowledge and Experience
- 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in a range of domain area or related roles
- Deep knowledge of benefits, HR, payroll and/or cloud and delivery models, the capabilities of administration platforms, and compliance considerations
- Demonstrated track record applying domain expertise in client delivery or sales
- Agility and organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple concurrent opportunities
- Excellent client communication and consulting skills - able to lead engaging conversations, adapt on the fly, negotiate as needed and have a point-of-view
- Proven experience in building and developing senior client relationships
- Experience in promoting a team environment
- Travel Expectation 25 - 50% of the time (sometimes on short notice) to support meetings with prospects
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we're committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonableaccommodation/modificationby contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
in Lincolnshire, IL
est. per hourAlera Group • 4h ago New
est. per hourComfort Masters • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourUline • 2d ago
- $26 to $35
Verified per hourUline • 5h ago New
Easy apply insurance sales agent jobs
in Lincolnshire, IL
- Platinum Supplemental Insurance • 2h ago
Urgently hiring 17.9 mi
- Platinum Supplemental Insurance • 2h ago
Urgently hiring 8.8 mi
- Platinum Supplemental Insurance • 2h ago
Urgently hiring 8.6 mi