Similar available jobs
in Westland, MI
est. per hourBeaumont Health • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hour
CT Technologist Afternoons FT Sign on Bonus available - Full-time / Part-time
Westland, MI 48186
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic CT exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment.
• Verifies patient identity and reviews patient's medical record for appropriateness of exam or procedure.
• Interviews patient to obtain, verify or update medical history and assesses risk factors such as medications, pregnancy and/or psychological indicators.
• Explains procedure to patient, including side effects of pharmaceuticals administered, risks, benefits, alternatives and follow-up.
• Sets up equipment and acquires appropriate images as per script.
• Reviews images, makes initial observations, documents exceptions from established protocols and communicates data to radiologist.
• Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies as appropriate.
• Provides physician-prescribed post care instructions to patients.
• Participates in process improvement activities within radiology practice including but not limited to quality of care, patient flow, reject-repeat analysis and patient satisfaction.
• Provides imaging education to residents, student technologists and new employees.
• Able to take call/standby as required by the department.
• May perform the duties of a Radiologic Technologist, as needed.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiology (R) or Computed Tomography (CT) preferred.
2. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support - Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
3. One or more years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiology ® or advanced certification in Computed Tomography (CT)
1. Analytical and clinical skills necessary to determine the most age appropriate method of providing requested radiographs specific to patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to deal effectively with and instruct patients who may be under physical/emotional stress; ability to comprehend and follow physicians verbal and written request and prescriptions; ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse atmosphere with a variety of hospital personnel and/or patients.
3. Technical knowledge necessary to operate equipment including but not limited to all specialized equipment and computers.
4. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities.
5. Knowledge and understanding of American College of Radiology requirements for accreditation.
6. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients. Physical ability to stand, bend, push, pull, reach and lift in order to provide patient care.
7. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate and utilize all types of imaging equipment and supplies in order to produce images of acceptable diagnostic quality.
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.