Industrial Maintenance Technician - Now Hiring
Buford, GA 30518
DOMO Engineering Plastics US, LLC is looking to hire an Industrial Maintenance Technician for our PM Continental Shift (7PM - 7AM with rotating days each week - Sun/Wed/Thurs then Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat).
The Maintenance Tech supports the operational effectiveness of the production department by responding to breakdown calls, trouble shooting, analyzing and repairing industrial equipment throughout the facility. The Maintenance Mechanic continuously promotes safety by understanding and complying with all established safety policies and procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks)
- Understands and adheres to all DOMO Company policies and procedures.
- Possesses ability to complete preventive and predictive maintenance and repairs of all manufacturing equipment, including the fabrication and mechanical scope of repairs.
- Demonstrates ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical prints for working systems, to dismantle, repair, and re-assemble gear boxes, extruders, fans, belt conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, drives and all mechanical equipment.
- Is knowledgeable in failure modes of asset classes, responding to breakdown trouble calls and bringing machines to their proper running state, including troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Is proficient in the use of IR and Ultrasound (vacuum, flow, leaks, obstructions, etc.) technologies for PdM applications.
- Demonstrates ability to provide limited electrical support: 208/480V devices including but not limited to, motor starters, VFD’s, PLC’s, pumps, conveyor motors, transformers, etc.
- Utilizes CMMS for work orders, purchases, capital projects, PM and parts
- Ensures the maintenance and common areas are organized and clean in preparation for the next shift (sweeping, cleaning, wipe-downs, garbage, etc).
- Meets priorities and targets per work shift.
- Plays an active role in contractor assigned duties, helping in the scope of work to be done in mechanical areas
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Must have experience in CMMS & TPM, VFD installation, programming, welding, PLC troubleshooting, PLC ladder diagram interpretation, 208/480V motor and drive replacement/set-up, mechanical drives, extrusion/compounding/injection molding equipment.
- Must be able to operate a variety of hand and power tools, measuring devices, and test equipment.
- Must be 18 years or older and have High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be prepared to work mandatory weekend overtime when required and/or rotating "on-call"
- Must meet physical requirements which includes the ability to lift up to 70lbs .
- Must understand basic math
- Must be able to read and write (English) at a level to comprehend and apply information contained in detailed and complex technical manuals, procedural manuals, blueprints, etc without assistance
- Able to work with minimal supervision in team environment.
- Must have good communication skills and the assertiveness to keep on top of documentation requirements.
- Must be dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Handle difficult situations effectively and able to resolve conflicts and problems
- Flexibility, the willingness to look beyond the job description and assist in doing what must be done in a growing company.
Limitations & Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
DOMO is a drug-free workplace.
DOMO will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
DOMO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital/familial status, political beliefs, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Creating Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Electrical Schematics
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Pneumatics Experience
- Hydraulics Experience
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Forklift Licensed
- Machine Safety Inspections
- Troubleshooting CNC Machines
- IT Infrastructure Hardware Experience
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Calipers and Micrometers
- MIG Welder
- TIG Welder
- Stick Welder
- Injection Molding Machine
- Manual Grinder
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Flux-Cored Arc Welder
- Extrusion Machine
- ERP Software
- Overhead Crane
- Blow Molding Machine
- Manual Plasma Cutter
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Conveyor Systems
in Buford, GA
est. per hour
est. per hour
Easy apply machinery maintenance worker jobs
in Buford, GA
est. per hourCaliber Collision • 5h ago Urgently hiring 15.3 mi
est. per hourDOMO Engineering Plastics US, LLC • 26d ago 1.5 mi
est. per hourTRC Staffing • 6h ago New 13.2 mi
est. per hourBenchmark Automation LLC • 11h ago New 7.6 mi
est. per hourBenchmark Automation LLC • 11h ago New 9.8 mi