Assistant Manager, Operations store 5 Columbia MO - Full-time / Part-time
Columbia, MO 65201
About Westlake Ace Hardware
Ace Retail Holdings, the division of Ace Hardware Corporation that owns and operates the Westlake Ace Hardware chain, is one of the largest hardware retailers in the United States. Headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, Westlake Ace Hardware has been in operation for over a century and operates over 150 neighborhood stores located throughout the United States. Great people make Westlake stand out in our industry, and we are looking for individuals who strive for personal and professional growth, and who want to work with a company founded on (and still led by) our solid Core Values of:
Service, Passion, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence
General Job Summary
The Assistant Manager, Operations manages overall store operations and the achievement of company goals and directives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide positive representation of Westlake Ace Hardware.
- Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
- Provide a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Ensure all calls and pages are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Handle customer complaints. Work to resolve problems with the customer and have Westlake’s best interest taken into consideration.
- Possess excellent product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
- Ensure a positive, professional and safe work environment for all associates.
- Supervise the “general operations” of the entire store.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Assist with the implementation of Store Support Center programs.
- Ensure successful Loss Prevention, Safety and Internal Audits.
- Work with General Manager and Assistant Manager – Merchandising on all aspects of running the store.
- Participate in weekly management staff meetings.
- Communicate issues to the appropriate Store Support Center department with General Manager approval.
- Assist with special projects within the district as set forth by the District Manager.
- Implement new Standard Operating Procedures into store execution.
- Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise areas.
- Ensure that weekly price changes and label updates are completed timely and accurately.
- Oversee all cashiering functions including training, maintenance, audits, and reports.
- Manage and direct preventative maintenance and repairs in order to maximize and protect all physical assets (i.e. building, fixtures and equipment).
- Visit competition to be familiar with what they are doing.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Inventory & Merchandising
- Assist to ensure forklift operations and receiving is completed in a safe and efficient way.
- Assist to ensure receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise adheres to best practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance of back stock levels.
- Assist to ensure that cycle counts and negative on hand reports are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining desirable product inventory levels to ensure in-stocks and store profitability.
- Assist with merchandise resets throughout the store.
- Assist to ensure all signage is current in the store.
- Assist in presenting a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and promotional and incremental merchandising.
Hiring & Training of Associates
- Assist in training of all associates.
- Actively recruit and promote the advancement of Westlake Ace associates.
- Assist in hiring, training, scheduling, reviewing, rewarding and coaching Head Cashiers and Cashiers with the approval of the General Manager.
- Manage all aspects of store operations in the absence of the General Manager.
- Lead by example; be approachable by all associates and customers.
- Participate in store meetings.
- Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to the General Manager for follow up.
- Prepare and challenge yourself for future advancement.
Other Essential Requirements
Ability to exhibit and incorporate our Core Values into daily decisions and interactions with others:
- SERVICE – Amaze our customers, our associates and our communities by delivering on our helpful promise.
- PASSION – Showing our love for the work we do, our customers, and our associates.
- RESPECT – A humble appreciation that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a stronger and better company and that every person is unique and valued.
- INTEGRITY – An authentic commitment to moral and ethical behavior.
- TEAMWORK – Together we can achieve extraordinary things.
- EXCELLENCE– A disciplined approach to achieve outstanding results through continuous improvement.
Minimum Skills, Requirements and Qualifications
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Previous retail management experience preferred. Hardware experience preferred.
- Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing.
$16 to $19 dollars hourly
Equal Opportunity Employer
Westlake Ace Hardware is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
in Columbia, MO
Retail Support Manager
Est. $14.68 - $25.06 Full-time, Part-time Columbia, MO 65201 Urgently Hiring
Est. $11.91 - $14.02 Part-time Columbia, MO 65201 Urgently Hiring
Bath & Body Works
BBW Key Holder-COLUMBIA MALL
Est. $34.82 - $52.84 Part-time Columbia, MO 65201 Est. $17.42 - $31.10 Full-time, Part-time Columbia, MO 65201 Est. $11.55 - $24.87 Full-time, Part-time Columbia, MO 65201 Est. $11.55 - $24.87 Full-time, Part-time Columbia, MO 65201
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER
Est. $11.56 - $21.25 Full-time, Part-time Columbia, MO 65201
Easy apply retail supervisor jobs
in Columbia, MO
Est. $17.27 - $25.79 Part-time Jefferson city, MO 65101 Urgently Hiring
Est. $16.86 - $43.14 Part-time Jefferson city, MO 65101 Urgently Hiring