Med History Pharm Tech
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Med History Pharm Tech? At HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
SCHEDULE: Mixed Day shift hours and one weekend per month.
HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Med History Pharm Tech like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Medication History Pharmacy Technician specialist performs medication histories for new hospital admission. Under general supervision of the clinical pharmacist, provide complete and accurate information for each medication, e.g., drug name, dose, route, frequency, indication, and date/time last dose was taken. Utilizes available resources for medication history collection including but not limited to: patient/family interview, medication lists, outside facility medication administration records, outpatient pharmacy records, and physician office records. Verifies/updates patient allergy, adverse drug reaction, preferred pharmacy and primary care physician information in the electronic medical record.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs medication histories
- Interviews patients and family members for the purpose of compiling an accurate and complete list of current medications the patient was taking prior to admission to the hospital, to include all prescription, non-prescription and investigational medications.
- Contacts the patient’s community pharmacy, physician’s office, or other healthcare facility for clarifications if needed.
- Accurately updates medication history, allergies, adverse drug reaction, pharmacy and primary care provider information in the electronic health record.
- Correctly and completely documents interventions made to the medication history in the electronic medical record prior to the end of each shift worked.
- Discusses any questions or issues that arise during the medication history process with a clinical pharmacy specialist.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum of 2 years pervious retail pharmacy experience Required
- Minimum of 1 year previous inpatient pharmacy experience Preferred
- State Board of Pharmacy Registration (if applicable per State) Required
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT / PTCB) Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a critical part of HCA Healthcare’s strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Med History Pharm Tech opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.