Verified per hourMV Transportation • 2h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourHelloTech • 2h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- $28.73 to $41.65
Verified per hourPape' Machinery, Inc • 3d ago
- $19.00 to $23.48
Verified per hourJudson Park - a HumanGood community • 13h ago Just posted
est. per hourOMD for USAREC 6th Brigade • 13d ago Urgently hiring
| Verified Pay ||$25.00-$37.50 / hour|
About this job
Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: 25.00 - $37.50 / hour
Line of Business: Aggregates
Position Type: Full-Time
Corliss Resources, a Heidelberg Materials company, is seeking a Diesel Mechanic to join our team in Sumner, Washington. As a Diesel Mechanic you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of our on-highway trucking fleets, which includes dump trucks, trailers, and concrete mixers. As well as a variety of light and medium duty vehicles on occasion.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates, and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Lubricate and perform preventative maintenance
- Perform repairs as required to achieve optimum performance
- Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose problems
- Ensure all equipment repairs are performed accurately to the manufacturer standards
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper operation and compliance with specifications
- Review DVIR’s and create work orders as required
- Some welding and light fabrication as needed
- Perform other miscellaneous mechanical and maintenance duties as assigned
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency in preventative maintenance of transmissions, rear ends, suspension, steering, brakes, 12v electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems on various types of equipment
- Understanding of DOT inspection requirements
- Experience with formal maintenance programs
- Requires lifting, kneeling, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, and working at elevated heights at times in tight and awkward positions.
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with flexible hours, hours may vary; overtime work and weekends may be required
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 2 years related experience
- Record keeping skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Light computer skills
- Understanding of engine diagnostic software
What We Have to Offer:
- $25.00 - $37.50 / hour
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Saving Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Prescription Drug/Pharmacy benefit, AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability. Life insurance, Paid Bonding Leave, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k – Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation 10 days per year and Paid Sick 40 hours per year.
- Ten paid holidays.
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
- Nine bay shop, with overhead cranes, good lighting and heated
- May include environments of inclement weather, heat, cold, humidity, and elevated noise level
- Strong safety culture
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled