Verified per hourTransForce Inc. • 22h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourSmith Transport, Inc. • 7d ago Urgently hiring
Ready Mix Driver- Sign on Bonus Available
| Verified Pay ||$24.10 / hour|
|Location||Rochester, New York|
About this job
Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: $24.10
Line of Business: RMC (Ready-Mix Concrete)
Position Type: Full-Time
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits Year-Round
- Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for Winter Work and Learning New Skills
- No Overnights- HOME DAILY!
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Ready Mix Driver for our Rochester facility located in Rochester, NY.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
What You'll Get To Do
Want to be on solid ground in your career? Be a Ready Mix Driver! You can’t get anything more concrete than that! As a Ready Mix Driver you will deliver concrete to job sites following safety and operational guidelines; check concrete for quality and size according to ticket; and maintain courteous customer relations.
- Deliver Ready Mix Concrete to the customer in a timely manner
- Maintain vehicle in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
- Perform minor roadside repairs
- Visually inspect mix, slump and verify load sized
- Work with customer to achieve maximum customer service
- Work closely with dispatch to ensure quickest and safest routes to jobs
- Assemble concrete chutes and operate chute controls during the pour
- Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and Company regulations including but not limited to: wearing property safety gear and attending safety meetings, perform pre-trip inspections, complete vehicle inspection reports, and report unsafe conditions and accidents.
What We Are Looking For
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Valid Commercial Driver's License Class A or B
- Proficient reading, writing, and math skills
- Minimum of one-year vehicle road experience operating multi-speed transmission of a Commercial vehicle
- Good driving record
- Valid medical card
- Concrete knowledge and experience preferred
- Mechanical background or skills preferred
- Work Availability - Be available to work six days a week (Monday-Saturday) and occasionally on Sunday. Must be able to drive a maximum of eleven hours per day and work up to 14 hours per day as regulated by the Department of Transportation.
- Solid attendance and punctuality history
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to lift and assemble concrete chutes weighing 60 lbs.
No search firms please
Heidelberg Materials is a drug free workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled