Similar available jobs
in Bethesda, MD
est. per hourDispatchHealth Management • 7h ago New
Business Office Representative Clerk - Palisades Eye Surgery Center - Part-time
Bethesda, MD 20814
Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1 million patients each year and support physician specialists holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management Solutions business.
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are going—and the growing career opportunities for YOU.
Provide support to the facility by performing specific or various business office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned.
- Schedules surgeries in surgery template in the computer, along with pertinent information and handles calls from physician’s office in regard to information on scheduling patients at the surgery center, scheduling surgeries or any calls associated with surgery scheduled.
- Answers phone in a pleasant manner and deals with physician offices and patient’s needs expeditiously. Takes messages and transfers calls to other departments when necessary.
- Does pre-registration and makes sure that authorization is obtained from the physician’s office prior to surgery scheduled. Completes necessary paperwork for registration and uses computer system to generate information for surgical/special procedure.
- Maintains log for cancelled appointments.
- Performs various clerical duties such as photocopying forms, reports, patient information, mailing surveys, preparing patient charts, faxing forms and retrieving faxes as needed.
- Maintains clean and orderly surgery scheduling area.
- All scheduled cases are verified as soon as possible.
- Patients with a financial responsibility are contacted immediately and informed of the center’s payment policies as well as offered payment options if necessary.
- All insurance verification and patient calls are clearly documented in the patient’s account.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in health care and minimum of one-year experience in surgery scheduling procedures preferred.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as function within a team
- Have a basic knowledge of surgery scheduling, receptionist and registration responsibilities; and must possess the ability to handle stress.
- The candidate must be flexible with hours and be able to work which ever shift is to be covered.
Easy apply radiologic technologist jobs
in Bethesda, MD
- Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine • 2d ago
Urgently hiring 7.8 mi
est. per hourAnderson Clinic • 6d ago Urgently hiring 10.5 mi
est. per hourAnderson Clinic • 6d ago Urgently hiring 13 mi