Similar available jobs
in Northbrook, IL
Est. $27 Full-time Glenview, IL 60025 $130,000 to $180,000 per year Full-time Glenview, IL 60025
Est. $27 Full-time Glenview, IL 60025
Est. $27 Full-time Glenview, IL 60025 Est. $27 Full-time Glenview, IL 60025 Full-time, Part-time Northfield, IL 60093
Integrity Trade Services
$21.59/Hr Full-time Northbrook, IL 60062
Seamer Operator - Part-time
Northbrook, IL 60062
We are looking for 2nd shift Seamer Operators (2pm - 10:30pm).
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Run Seaming machines with material based on Finishing Schedule posted at machine to enhance continuous operation
- Runs inspection machine as needed based on shipping requirements
- Runs a Rotoflex, packing, assists in Finishing by running equipment when production needs in seaming are met
- Directs floater to maximize productivity
- Communicates with other shift personnel as to status of machine and materials
- Monitor quality while running machine
- Working with flammable materials
- Refers to job packet for finishing, splicing, labeling, and packing instructions
- Communicates issues to upstream & downstream operations
- Reports machine & equipment breakdown to supervisor & maintenance personnel
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to cover for other operators while on vacation
- Must be able to utilize different measuring devices such as calipers & scales.
- Understands and supports all policies, procedures, instructions, rules, and regulations (including safety) associated with the Finishing Department.
- Consults with department manager and Quality Assurance of any quality related defects
- Assist in investigating root cause analysis & corrective actions for departmental needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment
- Relocates rolls to appropriate skids keeping product separation
- Responsible for complete & accurate information on the production Logs
- Informs operator on next shift the status of the days schedule and material
- Ensures machine is clean & ready before departing
Secondary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Consults with Finishing supervisor on Rotoflex, table work, and packing priorities
- Notifies supervisor of material or mechanical issues
- Carries out all Company safe operating, sanitation, and housekeeping rules & policies
- Must see that equipment, working area, and accessory equipment are kept clean & in good working order
- All duties assigned to maximize efficiency of finishing equipment
- Identify and help implement process improvements and increased productivity opportunities.
Brook & Whittle Ltd. is one of North America's leading Sustainable Labeling Solutions providers, producing pressure sensitive, flexographic and shrink sleeve labels for many of the nation's leading brands. The company serves multiple consumer markets, including Personal Care, Beverage, Food, Nutraceuticals, Wine & Spirits, and Household Chemicals.
The company's rapid growth can be attributed to its world-class staff of employees and its commitment to sustainability, print innovation, and the latest technological advancements. Wouldn't it be cool to go into a store, pick up a product and say we make that label!
Our culture is first and foremost one of collaboration and teamwork. We hold ourselves to high professional, ethical, and fairness standards. We have zero tolerance for anything less. We celebrate our diverse workforce and reward good performance through our recognition program, advancement opportunities, and our compensation structure. We welcome you to consider being a part of this great team.
Brook & Whittle LTD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brook & Whittle complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Brook & Whittle expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brook & Whittle LTD's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be able to follow & comprehend oral, written, and/or visual instructions
- Must be capable of analyzing and exercising judgment in solving operational problems
- Must be able to multitask and collaborator
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must understand upstream operations, downstream operations, and be able to perform each essential duty within the department satisfactorily. Hands on knowledge of process is desired. Must be able to help troubleshoot equipment and provide feedback to department supervisor and maintenance personnel. Must take initiative, be resourceful, and willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States without restriction.
Easy apply warehouse supervisor jobs
in Northbrook, IL
RoadSafe Traffic Systems
Shop Support (Woodrdge, IL)
Full-time Woodridge, IL 60517 Urgently Hiring Est. $35 Part-time Rolling meadows, IL 60008 Urgently Hiring
Pipe Manufacturing Company
Shipping and Material Manager
Est. $35 Part-time Joliet, IL 60431 Urgently Hiring
A L HANSEN MFG CO
Production Control Planner
Est. $18 Part-time Waukegan, IL 60085 Urgently Hiring