Paint Store Manager- Richmond
Richmond, IL 60071
Want to be a part of the most AUDACIOUS and radically EXCELLENT Paint, Decorating & Hardware Retailer in the Country? Join our amazing team where you are not only a part of growing company but also a family! The JC Licht family where everyone is equally important.
We're JC Licht, and we've been giving expert advice and assistance to those looking to breathe new life into their Midwestern homes since 1907. Our customers are also our neighbors and friends, and they trust us to share our expertise and provide them with superior products and outstanding service. JC Licht service professionals are trained in our extensive line of products and are skilled home-project experts who can help you every step of the way.
J.C. Licht founded in 1907, is a full-service paint and decorating retail destination featuring Benjamin Moore Products. We presently have 57 locations in the greater Chicago area and Wisconsin. There are exciting opportunities for growth throughout this region.
We are currently looking for passionate a dedicated individual to join our Management team. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility and a shared vision for providing incredible customer service along with making a total compensation package of $55K plus, then JC Licht wants you!
The primary responsibly of the Paint Manager is to monitor operations and profitability of the store.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Active involvement in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of store team members.
- Must ensure that all store employees have a working knowledge of various products. When necessary, develop training programs.
- Must ensure employees deliver excellent customer service to our customers.
- Encourage a viable team-oriented working environment through good communication.
- Ensure that the store is properly staffed at all times.
- Must supervise employees.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for the purpose of assessing employee performance. When necessary, must also administer disciplinary action in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure that the store complies with all federal/state regulations and company policies including, but not limited to: ADA, EEOC, Workers Compensation – Wage & Hour, Sexual Harassment, etc.
- Maintaining the store's appropriate inventory levels to ensure that it meets customer needs and is aligned with budget.
- Control inventory losses through proper controls and notations.
- Control expenses.
- Ensure that the store is properly opened and closed in accordance with company policy.
- Complete all paperwork reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- To maintain merchandising standards established by JC Licht Senior Management Team including window displays, sales floor displays, promotional displays etc.
- To actively participate in store activities including unloading of trucks, stocking shelves, carrying merchandise out for the customer, having the ability to lift a determined weight of merchandise and delivering paint when needed.
- Monitoring accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking procedures. Resolve problems as necessary.
- Understand and utilize various business reports to identify sales, gross margin, and expense control opportunities.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the company's purchasing policies and procedures.
- Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner.
- Assist all customers in a professional and timely manner upon them entering the retail store.
- Answer customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner per company guidelines
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers with all product lines and services offered by the retail store.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the store is maintained and that all equipment is in excellent working condition.
- To suggestively sell additional merchandise to the customer assisting the customer in completing their projects.
- Present a professional, neat appearance, maintain a good attendance record and arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Provide support in the development of new accounts and increase sales of current accounts through a targeted sales initiative.
- Ensure that commercial accounts are properly set up and administered.
- Assist with outside sales calls when necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in the JC Licht Employee Handbook.
Benefits Offered to Full Time Employees
- 401(k) program with a match
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts
- Life insurance, Optional Short-Term/Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Paid Training and development.
- And much more!
JC Licht is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and Substance-Free Workplaces.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Effective financial planning and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Minimum of 1 year retail experience, preferably industry related.
- Background in inside sales.
- Job involves a wide variety of tasks including bending, lifting, and sitting. Individual must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Individual will usually be required to work a minimum of 50 hours per week.
Easy apply retail supervisor jobs
in Richmond, IL
Verified per hourLeaf Home • 4h ago Urgently hiring 46.6 mi
Verified per hourJC LICHT LLC • 3d ago Urgently hiring 35.9 mi
est. per hourTMX Finance • 11d ago Urgently hiring 45.2 mi
Verified per hourLeaf Home • 4h ago Urgently hiring 43.7 mi
Verified per hourLeaf Home • 4h ago Urgently hiring 43.3 mi
Verified per hourLeaf Home • 4h ago Urgently hiring 43.4 mi
Verified per hourLeaf Home • 4h ago Urgently hiring 48.4 mi
Verified per hourLeaf Home • 4h ago Urgently hiring 38.2 mi