Similar available jobs
in Los Angeles, CA
Est. $17.78 - $27.08 Full-time, Part-time Los angeles, CA 90027 Urgently Hiring
LVN - Faculty Outreach Pasadena
Est. $23.05 - $30.77 Full-time, Part-time Pasadena, CA 91125 Urgently Hiring
Sunrise Senior Living
LPN Med Care Manager / Weekend EVENINGS
Est. $23.05 - $30.77 Part-time Playa vista, CA 90094 Urgently Hiring
Operating Room - Surgical Technician / Assistant
1820 per week. Full-time Glendale, CA 91206 Urgently Hiring
Growth & Community Engagement Spc. LA County
Full-time, Part-time Glendale, CA 91225 Urgently Hiring Est. $15.00 - $16.39 Full-time, Part-time Los angeles, CA 90041 Urgently Hiring Est. $15.00 - $15.02 Full-time, Part-time Pasadena, CA 91103 Urgently Hiring Est. $15.00 - $15.43 Full-time, Part-time Pasadena, CA 91105 Urgently Hiring $20 per hour Full-time, Part-time South pasadena, CA 91030 Urgently Hiring
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of provider. Prepare and maintain treatment rooms, drape and position patients, hand equipment, supplies, and instruments to provider. Takes vital signs, visions PAMS, assists with treatments, maintains equipment, visual fields and inventory supplies, including EMR, patient scheduling, charge slips and routine patient instruction and knowledge of CPR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer medical questionnaires directly to Clinic Staff, Patients as well as any visitors entering job sites
- Administer and interpret the temperature of an individual utilizing forehead, tympanic and/or oral thermometers according to manufacturer's instructions and CDC guidance for personal protection
- Reporting cases of positive and negative responses according to established protocols
- Communicate findings directly to the Leads as required
- Document findings and results of the Medical Screening
- Make changes in the appointment type as needed basis depending on findings and results while having polite, but clear communication with the patients about the changes
- Don and Doff PPE as required within the protocol for performing medical screening as needed basis
- Patient Relations
- Assures timeliness of services rendered to patients
- Clearly informs patient the name of provider who will render services
- Arranges for and assists patients in understanding instructions for all ancillary services
- Listens to complaints from patients regarding services rendered
- Demonstrates adequate triage technique in handling telephone calls from patients and inquiries regarding services rendered
- Appropriate management of filing records, recording telephone calls and prescription refill information in electronic medical records
- Checks floor stock and sample medications, discards expired medications appropriately, re-orders as needed
- Demonstrates accurate knowledge in management of emergency situations
- Assists patient to room
- Looks after patient's comfort while on premises
- Maintains availability to examining Provider as needed.
- Accurately performs visual testing and on-site testing.
- Accurately file all patients' lab results, x-ray, EKG, SCANS and all miscellaneous documents after doctor signs off
- Assists providers in all medical examinations
- Collection of all specimens, including cultures, for laboratory processing
- Assists in minor surgery, positioning and draping patient, passing instruments
- Inventory, Ordering, Facility Maintenance
- Screens telephone calls for referral and takes messages for provider
- Under the direction of the provider an MA may administer injections of scheduled drugs, including narcotic medications, only if the dosage is verified by the provider prior and the injection is intradermal, subcutaneous, or intramuscular.
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
- Updates and maintains required logs
- Translates for provider and office staff as requested
- Assists in preparation of office for a site review and audit
- Performs tasks under the direction of provider and management
- Calls in prescriptions or prescription refills under the direction of the provider
- Performs related work as required
- Maintains patient care areas as follows:
- Cleans (daily) all community areas
- Cleans immediately following infectious exposure
- Inventories supplies daily and orders as appropriate
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Provide reproductive health counseling ( title X services )
- Participate in huddles with provider MA team
- Conducting chart prep (to ensure that patients file are complete for patient care on day of appointment, including Standing Order Sets based on Clinical Guidelines)
- Motivational interviewing
- Schedules appointments
- Registers patient data in computer
- Sends appropriate information to various departments and medical offices
- Knows rules and procedures for request for Information.
- Knows rules and procedures for release of information.
- Acquires appropriate signatures.
- Ascertains that Provider or manager is aware of request for information.
- Submits appropriate information per above procedure.
- Reports equipment or supply needs to Administrator.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains general office equipment, i.e., Xerox, typewriters, Computer, Printers, CPR carts, emergency supply and auxiliary services
- Maintains computerized files of patients, including updated names, addresses, telephone numbers, etc.
- Conducts mailings to patients.
- Performs calls to patients for recall purposes.
- Attends health fairs/events.
- Plans for event and prepares necessary items required to conduct successful event.
- Communicates effectively with event attendees, explains services, and schedules appointments.
- Works with Management in creating/reviewing necessary collateral materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- 2 years experience preferred
- CPR Certified
- Certification through AAMA preferred
- Bilingual Armenian/English or Spanish/English preferred
PAY RATE: $19-22/hr
Medical, Dental and Vision – 100% paid by Employer
Life Insurance and Accidental Dismemberment – 100% paid by Employer
Paid Time Off
Flexible Spending Account
Easy apply nursing assistant jobs
in Los Angeles, CA
Redwood Family Care Network
Adult Residential Facility Administrator- La Puente
Full-time La puente, CA 91747 Urgently Hiring
Servicon Systems Inc
Est. $15.00 - $23.74 Part-time El Segundo, CA 90245 Urgently Hiring Est. $15.00 - $17.58 Part-time Los angeles, CA 91342 Urgently Hiring Part-time Los angeles, CA 91342 Urgently Hiring
Servicon Systems Inc
Part-time Los angeles, CA 91342 Urgently Hiring Part-time Los angeles, CA 91342 Urgently Hiring