Similar available jobs
in Brea, CA
est. per hourBlack Bear Diner • 19d ago
- $16 - $17.50
Verified per hourRubio's Coastal Grill • 5d ago
est. per hourPick Up Stix • 30d ago
est. per hourPick Up Stix • 30d ago
Brea, CA 92821
KITCHEN MANAGER | JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Executive Kitchen Manager or Lead Kitchen Manager | Location: Restaurant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt | Compensation Range $22.00-$24.00 per hour
ABOUT THE ROLE: Driven by our values and an innate understanding of our culture, the Kitchen Manager's primary responsibility is to lead and assist our kitchen teams in providing our guests with an exceptional and memorable dining experience that exceeds their expectations. This is accomplished through the Kitchen Manager's leadership and influence in the daily execution of our mission statement in kitchen shift management, and through the ongoing development of our kitchen team members.
Equally important and connected is the partnership with the #1 Kitchen Manager (#1 KM) and General Manager (GM) in overseeing the training and development of each individual kitchen team member, as well as the shared achievement of stated objectives in finance, safety, quality, and the cultural environment of the restaurant. This position will have partnership relationships with Kitchen Managers, Restaurant Managers, and Home Office Teams.
- Is Happy To Serve! Leads through service. Supports and empowers the team. Demonstrates at all times integrity, values, and a sense of commitment in the work environment consistent with the Company's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Maintains and ensures on each shift, that there is a team focus while performing responsibilities. The Kitchen Manager does this by demonstrating respect, a focus on development, and loyalty to the entire team every shift.
- In partnership with the #1KM, assumes responsibility for the correct preparation of all food products to ensure the desired outcome in taste, texture, quality, yield, and appearance. Ensures the correct quantities are prepared as designated on the Production Chart and Weekly Buildup.
- Assists #1 KM and GM with purchasing and receiving duties, as well as any other administrative duties, accurately and in a timely manner.
- The Kitchen Manager fully understands and ensures company standards regarding health, safety, and labor requirements are met and followed.
- Fervently manages all shifts for safety! Guarantees safety policies are followed and holds team accountable for breeches in Stonefire established safety standards.
- Supports the team in achieving stated and planned objectives in sales, food cost, labor cost, and operating expenses. Fully understands when objectives go off course, and partners with the GM and KM's to get back on track as soon as possible.
- The Kitchen Manager attends all scheduled team meetings. They are a partner to the #1 KM and GM in preparing schedules and conducting Weekly Meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the #1 Kitchen Manager or General Manager.
- Actively creates and builds healthy teams through communication, alignment, commitment, appreciation, and accountability through the Company.
BUILDING SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS
- Exemplary role model of being a leader in Stonefire Business Partnerships at all levels of organization.
- Focuses on building long-term, value-based team member, guest, and vendor relationships and loyalty.
- Executes high level service to drive satisfaction and engagement; leads kitchen team in providing guests exceptional products and service.
LEADERSHIP & CULTURE
- Is Happy to Serve and leads through humble service. Champions the Culture and Values of the Company.
- In partnership with the #1 KM and GM, manages restaurant team consisting of Kitchen Team Members, FOH Team Members, and Caterers.
- Coach and champion for the team in all aspects of revenue strategies, guest satisfaction, and team member engagement and retention.
- Partners with People & Culture (HR) Department to attract, develop and retain the right people to support the strategic priorities of Stonefire Grill and the marketplace.
- Coaches, trains, and mentors team members; utilizes creative training tools and methods to develop high level kitchen skills, cooking, and service.
- Demonstrates integrity and commitment in the work environment to the Company's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Effectively operates independently with minimal direction; demonstrates exceptional problem-solving ability and leadership.
- 3+ years in a high-volume kitchen role.
- Passionate, fun, positive, and results oriented.
- Attentive and available to team members and guests.
- Open to coaching and development, values critical to the Company and its success.
- Strong communication skills, preferably English-Spanish bilingual.
- Entrepreneurial and driven by accomplishment.
- Available weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Lover of people, food and service, and the magic that exists in their confluence.
- We lead through service.
- We care for each other and value our relationships.
- We care for our guests and community.
- We treat everyone with equal dignity and respect.
- We are committed to excellence and have integrity in all that we do.
- We have FUN while we work.
- We are a team driven by loyalty and mutual support.
- We are committed to the ongoing development of each other.
- We empower through praise and accountability.
- We are Happy to Serve.
Easy apply food service supervisor jobs
in Brea, CA
- Fishbone Seafood Gardena • 9d ago
Urgently hiring 25.1 mi
- $17-$18.50 boe
Verified per hourSubway - Orwick Group, LLC • 14d ago Urgently hiring 20.1 mi
Verified per hourAdvanced Manufacturing Careers • 6h ago Urgently hiring 12.3 mi
Verified per hourHealthcare Services Group, Inc. • 3d ago Urgently hiring 28.3 mi
est. per hourFoothill Credit Union • 5d ago Urgently hiring 17.2 mi
- $22 - $24
Verified per hourStonefire Grill Management • 5d ago Fast response 15.6 mi
est. per hourHealthcare Services Group, Inc. • 9d ago Urgently hiring 21.9 mi