Similar available jobs
in Naperville, IL
CDS (Club Demonstration Services)
Costco Shift Supervisor (Hiring Immediately)
16.50 per hour Part-time Naperville, IL 60564 Urgently Hiring
Est. $17 Full-time, Part-time Plainfield, IL 60585
Full-time, Part-time Bolingbrook, IL 60490
Full-time, Part-time Plainfield, IL 60585
Est. $18 Full-time, Part-time Bolingbrook, IL 60490
MERCHT ASSISTANT MANAGER
Est. $26 Full-time, Part-time Bolingbrook, IL 60490
Est. $17 Full-time, Part-time Bolingbrook, IL 60490
Est. $17 Full-time, Part-time Aurora, IL 60504 Est. $17 Full-time, Part-time Plainfield, IL 60585
Full Time Floor Supervisor
Naperville, IL 60564
About Westlake Ace Hardware
Ace Retail Holdings, the division of Ace Hardware Corporation that owns and operates the Westlake Ace Hardware chain, is one of the largest hardware retailers in the United States. Headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, Westlake Ace Hardware has been in operation for over a century and operates over 150 neighborhood stores located throughout the United States. Great people make Westlake stand out in our industry, and we are looking for individuals who strive for personal and professional growth, and who want to work with a company founded on (and still led by) our solid Core Values of:
Service, Passion, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence
The Floor Supervisor will assist with managing overall store operations and assume primary responsibility for store operations in the absence of the General Manager and/or Assistant Managers. The Floor Supervisor will also assist in managing and directing staff to achieve company goals and objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project a positive representation of Westlake Ace Hardware.
- Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
- Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Ensure all calls and pages are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Handle customer complaints. Work to resolve problems with the customer and have Westlake’s best interest taken into consideration.
- Possess excellent product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
- Ensure a positive, professional and safe work environment for all associates.
- Supervise the “general operations” of the entire store.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Assist with the implementation of Store Support Center programs.
- Help ensure successful Loss Prevention, Safety and Internal Audits.
- Work with General Manager, Assistant Manager-Operations and Assistant Manager-Merchandising on all aspects of running the store.
- Communicate any operational or managerial issues to the General Manager in a timely manner.
- Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise areas.
- Help ensure that weekly price changes and label updates are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist with all cashiering functions including training, maintenance, audits, and reports.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Inventory & Merchandising
- Help ensure forklift operations and receiving is completed in a safe and efficient way.
- Assist to ensure receiving; checking in and stocking of merchandise for the store is being done completely.
- Assist with maintenance of back stock levels.
- Assist to ensure that cycle counts and negative on hand reports are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist with merchandise resets throughout the store.
- Assist to ensure all signage is current in the store.
- Present a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and promotional and incremental merchandising.
- Manage all aspects of store operations in the absence of the General Manager, Assistant Manager-Operations or Assistant Manager-Merchandising.
- Lead by example; be approachable by all associates and customers.
- Assist in training of all associates.
- Participate in store meetings.
- Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to the General Manager for follow up.
- Work with the General Manager, Assistant Manager-Operations, and Assistant Manager-Merchandising to prepare for advancement.
Other Essential Requirements
Ability to exhibit and incorporate our Core Values into daily decisions and interactions with others:
- SERVICE – Amaze our customers, our associates and our communities by delivering on our helpful promise.
- PASSION – Showing our love for the work we do, our customers, and our associates.
- RESPECT – A humble appreciation that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a stronger and better company and that every person is unique and valued.
- INTEGRITY – An authentic commitment to moral and ethical behavior.
- TEAMWORK – Together we can achieve extraordinary things.
- EXCELLENCE– A disciplined approach to achieve outstanding results through continuous improvement.
Minimum Skills, Requirements and Qualifications
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Previous retail management experience preferred. Hardware experience preferred.
- Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing.
$14-$16 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Westlake Ace Hardware is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
Easy apply retail supervisor jobs
in Naperville, IL
JC LICHT LLC
Design Management Team Member(s)
$24-$25/ hr Part-time Glencoe, IL 60022 Urgently Hiring
JC LICHT LLC
Showroom Design Consultant- Evanston
Part-time Evanston, IL 60201 Urgently Hiring