The job below is no longer available.
Estimated Pay
$57 per hour
Full-time, Part-time
About this job

Job Description

Mine Maintenance SuperintendentPOSITION PURPOSE The Mine Maintenance Superintendent leads a team of maintenance technicians, front-line supervisors, and specialty coordinators & planners towards safe and efficient reliability-centric mobile equipment maintenance targets. POSITON RESPONSIBILITIES * Deliver safe and efficient reliability-centric mobile equipment availability and reliability * Develop and enforce systems that ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all Pinto Valley Mine and MSHA safety guidelines and procedures * Develop and enforce systems that ensure our actions align with the commitments we make to our shareholders and to our environmental, sustainability, community stakeholders * Manage the culture and working conditions of the mine maintenance workforce * Conduct monthly safety & update meetings for each crew individually * Mange proactive safety systems in the mine & light fleet maintenance areas * Report and follow-up on all incidents in the mine & light fleet maintenance areas * Develop and enforce systems to support on-boarding, training, and the safe & quality maintenance of mine heavy-duty and light fleet mobile equipment * Lead and coach the front-line supervisors and specialty coordinators & planners * Execute on development and construction projects in the mine & light fleet maintenance areas * Manage short term maintenance equipment needs and rentals * Manage workforce recruitment and onboarding efforts, including contractor needs and costs. * Manage shift safety and maintenance reporting * Manage shift schedules, attendance, and overtime systems to meet maintenance and cost targets * Responsible for all corrective actions for the mine maintenance workforce according to PVM policy * Collaborate with other departments to develop and adopt initiatives to optimize existing business systems, processes, practices, and equipment to improve the overall performance of the department * Report to the Mine Manager and other department Superintendents on project progress, implementation schedules, resources required, and participate in tours * Provide maintenance context and action items during tactical and strategic department meetings * Develop annual department budgets and capital equipment and infrastructure plans * Manage costs according to annual budgets, maintain accurate cost reporting, and report variances monthly * Support community events * Support frequent team-building activities and team update meetings to maintain team identity * Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE REPORTING TO: Mine Manager COLLABORATING WITH (Key departments, External Groups): Internal: * Mine Engineering * Mine Optimization * Mine Maintenance * Employee Services * Purchasing/Supply * Health, Safety, Environment, and Community * Engineering Projects Group External: * Area contract managers and staff * Regulators * Vendors and suppliers PEOPLE REPORTING TO THIS POSITION* (Name of Position): *Subject to change Internal: * Mine Maintenance Scheduler(s) * Mine Maintenance Sr. Supervisors * Mine Maintenance Supervisors * Mine Maintenance Admin Assistant POSITION REQUIREMENTS Knowledge * Detailed knowledge of theories and best practices in mine mobile equipment maintenance * Detailed knowledge of preventive maintenance process and methods * Detailed knowledge of maintenance planning practices and methods * Detailed knowledge of reliability engineering process and methods * Extensive mine operations experience. * Knowledge of database systems for reporting purposes Key Competencies/Skills * B. S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required * Minimum of 10 years of experiences of increasing responsibility in mine maintenance. Open pit mining experience preferred. * Two years supervisory experience required. Four or more years preferred * Proficient use of relevant technical applications * Excellent analytical, management and problem-solving skills are required * Strong communication skills including preparation of technical reports and presentations to senior management * Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, SAP) * Strong project management skills required * Valid Arizona Driver's License * Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English WORK ENVIRONMENT 40% of the Mine Maintenance Superintendent's time will be devoted to maintenance strategy and cost management activities in the office while the remaining 60% will be spent in the field. Field time, especially mentoring members of the teams, is critical for clear and effective communication.

Easy apply repair worker jobs

in Miami, AZ