We are now accepting applications for Floral Clerks!
The Floral Clerk receives product, prepares, prices, arranges and packages floral arrangements according to customer, seasonal and department requirements. Provides customers with a full display of floral, balloons, candy, greeting cards and gifts to ensure customer requirements are met and build customer loyalty by providing exemplary customer service.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the Company’s Statement of Values and The Six Promises.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- Stock, rotate and maintain floral cases and coolers, and Card Party product.
- Knowledge of code dating.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Process fresh cut flowers on a timely basis to reduce shrink.
- Wait on customers in a friendly and efficient manner to ensure repeat business.
- Perform basic department maintenance on plants and fresh flowers according to established procedures.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
- Perform light housekeeping and maintenance of the departments.
- Assist customers in Teddy Bear Stuffer purchases, utilize suggestive selling for card, balloon and gift selections.
- Coordinate with Hallmark representative merchandising of product to maximize sales.
- Checking product on display for quality by visually inspecting floral and removing from rack unsalable merchandise.
- Other duties as requested.
This Job Description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. It does not include all aspects of this position such as potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the requirements for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and follow instruction
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally throughout the day
- Telephone usage
- Ability to bend, twist, grasp, reach, push, pull, and use repetitive motion as required
- Wire Cutters
- Bunch Cutters
- Glue Gun/Pan
- Helium Tanks
- Cash Register
- Label Printer
- Price Gun
- Watering Machine
Posting ID: 828759Posted: 2019-06-14