Team Member (Full Time & Part Time Storewide Opportunities)
Munds Park, AZ 86017
- Bakery: Counter Service, Packaging, Coffee Bar
- Customer Service / Store Support: Cashier, Cashier Assistant (Bagging, Carts), Sanitation
- Grocery: Stocker (Frozen Foods, Dairy, Bulk Items) – Day and Overnight shifts
- Meat: Counter Service, Oven-Ready Prep
- Prepared Foods: Deli Counter Service, Kitchen, Food Prep, Dishwasher, Culinary Venues (Pizza Maker, Sandwich Maker, Runner: Hot Food / Salad Bar)
- Produce / Floral: Stocker, Clerk, Floral Arrangements, Production (Fruit and Vegetable Cutting)
- Seafood: Counter Service, Oven-Ready Prep
- Specialty: Beer, Wine, Cheese Cutting and Wrapping, Chocolate, Pub Service
- Whole Body: Stocker (Vitamins, Supplements, Body Care, Clothing and gifts)
** All roles/departments listed above may not be available at all locations
- After applying, check your email (including your junk/spam) for a link to an assessment.
- Successfully complete the assessment within 7 days.
- For more information about what it's like to work for Whole Foods, check out our videos:
- Competitive pay, flexible scheduling, paid time off, 20% store discount, growth opportunities including training programs, and more!
Team Members provide support performing duties related to customer service, stocking, and sanitation in assigned department(s). All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and other Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support Whole Foods Market core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
Desired Work Experience
- No prior retail experience required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned.
- Follows department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product.
- Prepares, packages, weighs, and prices products for sale.
- Monitors product quality and freshness and ensures proper product rotation.
- Ensures cases and shelves are clean and well-stocked.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep logs as required.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Arrives to workstation on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with Whole Foods Market cleanliness and safety standards.
- Ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with Whole Foods Market quality goals.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: Less than 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and/or cold environments.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.