Safety & Ergonomics Program Manager
Quincy, IL 62305
What we need:
HNI is adding a Safety and Ergonomics Program Manager to their team in Muscatine, Iowa.
In this position, you will drive safety improvement throughout HNI in the area of standardization and ergonomics by developing common enterprise strategies and collaborating with functional groups to integrate and improve on safety and ergonomic considerations. By developing and implementing strategy and programs that address root causes issues and drive human ergonomics best practices from product design forward, you will have the opportunity to proactively improve the comfort, health and safety of members throughout HNI.What you'll do:
- Act as corporate level subject matter expert of OSHA, behavioral based safety, and ergonomics to support HNI’s business segments to achieve their safety strategy and goals
- Collaborate on strategy to improve safety metrics for the business while working closely with sites, senior executives and EHS leaders to ensure compliance with regulations and HNI’s safety standards.
- Continue to advance progress of HNI’s enterprise ergonomic strategy and practices, including creation of ergonomic centered goals, objectives, policies, procedures, community of practice, etc.
- Foster continuous improvement and help change the culture to better understand safety risks, serious injury prevention, ergonomic impacts, and behavior based/ human performance to ensure HNI provides the best level of comfort, health and safety for its members
- Recommend workplace changes, provide technical support, and implement solutions to reduce SIFs, physical hazards, or discomfort
- Guide operations in implementation of potential solutions related to changes in equipment design, procedures, manpower, personnel, or training
- Identify opportunities to standardize safety training, risk assessments, improvement activities across sites and deliver process efficiencies
- Lead and actively participate in sharing of best practices, drive improvement opportunities across the network, and leverage the knowledge and experience to drive towards ZERO HARM culture
- Participate in annual review/auditing of corporate and site-level safety and ergonomics programs and practices
Who you are:
- Preferred Graduate Degree in Human Factors/ Ergonomics or Bachelor’s Degree in OHS or safety-related discipline, engineering, or kinesiology, physiology, biomechanics, or medical-related discipline.
- CSP, CIH, CPE preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State OSHA and NIOSH regulations
- Experience leading safety programs.
- Experience with incident reporting and ergonomics tools such as Intelex or VelocityEHS Industrial Ergonomics
- Demonstrated technical expertise in manufacturing safety
- Proven experience working across multiple sites, influencing various levels of management, and delivering improved performance is preferred
- Demonstrated professional with a passion for change and relentless focus on strategy and execution.
- Critical skills: attention to detail, initiative, member-focus, collaboration with many teams, building ownership and commitment, establishing direction, drive for change, getting organizational support, tenacity.
- Proven experience working across multiple sites, influencing various levels of management, and delivering improved performance is preferred.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies for leadership development.
We invite you to visit us at for more information.
in Quincy, IL
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Est. $74 Full-time, Part-time Quincy, IL 62305 Urgently Hiring