Designated Assistant Manager - Full-time / Part-time
Harrison, TN 37341
Job Summary: The Designated Assistant Store Manager is an Associate who may hold another main job responsibility in the store (ex. Head Cashier), but whom the Store Manager has designated as an Assistant Manager to be in complete control of the store in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager. This associate must have completed the Designated Assistant Manager Training Program. Duties include managing the overall daily operations of the grocery department and assist Store Manager in managing of entire store location. Responsible for the grocery department budgeted sales goals as well as budgeted gross and net profit goals. Keeping controllable costs such as labor, supplies, expenses, etc. at expected levels. Supervise, lead, and develop grocery and store personnel. Help to ensure a customer service oriented environment that is friendly, properly staffed and well trained. Maintain quality and freshness of product, well-stocked grocery departments and cleanliness of the total store. Assist in increasing store sales with strong merchandising skills and promotions. Serving as a leader for the store location in all aspects of business and being a good neighbor to the community in which this store is located. Ensure that all policy and procedure is followed for the safety and security of grocery department, as well as all other associates, customers, and company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide exceptional service for customers through maintaining a strong grocery management team, quality grocery associates, and planning adequate coverage through scheduling.
- Understand and promote company benefits including ESOP, 401k, insurance, etc.
- Make recommendations on hiring and termination of associates to maintain staffed grocery departments.
- Ensure required department and computer based training to increase retention of quality associates.
- Assist Store Manager in ensuring all aspects of company policy and procedures in regards to good business and department practices are followed.
- Oversee and follow all safety and security measures including theft and/or robbery.
- Interact professionally with management team, associates, supervision, and customers.
- Enforce fund-handling procedures for safety and loss prevention necessity including bank deposits, safe deposits, gas and go fund transport
- Responsible for assisting Store Manager in monitoring and overseeing the enforcement of all local, state, federal, and company labor guidelines for all associates including associates under the age of 18.
- Oversee and monitor policy in regards to the sale of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Completing and sending of vital grocery department reports, documents, and paperwork via written, verbal, or e-mail to the appropriate persons as deemed by supervision and/or policy.
- Take part in weekly and/or monthly meetings with department heads and/or department associates, including Feelings meetings and Exceptional Service meetings.
- Utilize time management skills and prioritization to accomplish tasks through grocery management team and associates.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels in grocery departments as to incur few out-of-stocks, but with limited days supply on hand.
- Oversee and monitor accurate retail pricing, receiving and invoicing within guidelines.
- Responsible for back room conditions including set-up and slotting of merchandise.
- Responsible for dairy cooler and walk-in freezer conditions and inventory levels.
- Responsible for enforcing age limitations pertaining to use of baler, pallet jacks and scrubber.
- Accountable for inventories and shrink controls in grocery departments.
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring competitive price checks on critical items such as fuel, milk, and soft drinks.
- Must listen to and help resolve complaints or issues brought to the attention of the management team from supervision, associates, management team, and customers and report issues to Store Manager or District Manager.
- Understand and enforce all local and state health department rules and practices as well as federal OSHA guidelines and company HACCP policy.
- Help to maintain necessary government documents and postings to assure compliance.
- Understand and follow all LP policy including CCTV observations, security logs, and shoplifting handling procedures.
- Understand and follow confidentiality policy in regards to company information as well as personnel information.
- Understand and enforce policy in regards to refrigeration alarms.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School graduate, college helpful.
- Additional seminar/class training in leadership, employee and customer relations helpful.
- Three to five years experience in retail operations, operating as a department manager for at least one year.
- Ability to meet standard Physical, Mental, and Visual demands
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions, perform routine and repetitive tasks and have constant contact/interaction with various levels of individuals on a daily basis
- Ability to attend on-site work during scheduled shifts to adhere to company time and attendance policies
Benefits of working for Food City:
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!
About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to "run the best store in town." Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family.
Easy apply food service manager jobs
in Harrison, TN
Est. $27 Full-time, Part-time HIXSON, TN 37343 Urgently Hiring Est. $27 Full-time, Part-time OOLTEWAH, TN 37363 Urgently Hiring Est. $26 Full-time, Part-time CLEVELAND, TN 37312 Urgently Hiring Est. $27 Full-time, Part-time CHATTANOOGA, TN 37416 Urgently Hiring Est. $27 Full-time, Part-time OOLTEWAH, TN 37363 Urgently Hiring Est. $27 Full-time, Part-time HIXSON, TN 37343 Urgently Hiring Est. $27 Full-time, Part-time CHATTANOOGA, TN 37416 Urgently Hiring Est. $26 Full-time, Part-time CLEVELAND, TN 37312 Urgently Hiring Est. $26 Full-time, Part-time CLEVELAND, TN 37312 Urgently Hiring