Similar available jobs
in Reston, VA
$33-53/Hour Full-time, Part-time Great falls, VA 22066 Urgently Hiring
Registered Nurse ICHD
Est. $46 Full-time, Part-time Sterling, VA 20164 Urgently Hiring $40.00 to $47.00 hourly Full-time Reston, VA 20194 Urgently Hiring $45-47/Hour Full-time, Part-time Great falls, VA 22066 Urgently Hiring $46-85/Hour Full-time, Part-time Great falls, VA 22066 Urgently Hiring $46-85/Hour Full-time, Part-time Great falls, VA 22066 Urgently Hiring $46-85/Hour Full-time, Part-time Great falls, VA 22066 Urgently Hiring $46-85/Hour Full-time, Part-time Great falls, VA 22066 Urgently Hiring $46-85/Hour Full-time, Part-time Great falls, VA 22066 Urgently Hiring
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Georgetown) NEW higher rates! (Washington, DC)
Reston, VA 20194
General Summary of Position
About MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s Emergency Department
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s Emergency Department is staffed and equipped to care for 36,000 patients a year ranging from newborn to end of life. The MGUH ED provides high quality care to a wide variety of patients, including adult and pediatric patients from the MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute and the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. Additionally, MedStar Georgetown is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and receives acute patients from all around the DC region. All of the nurses in the Emergency Department are certified in BLS, ACLS, PALS, and are NIH Stroke Scale Certified but many also have their CEN, TNCC, and ENPC certifications.
Leadership supports and encourages nurses to enhance their educational expertise and professional development. MedStar Georgetown’s Emergency Department prides itself on its collaborative governance and decision making which creates and implements new ideas centered on evidenced based practice. A team approach to staffing and assignments is a major initiative that is embraced by the Emergency Department staff.
- Full-time and Per Diem positions available
- Self scheduling; Six Week Schedules
- Fixed Shifts (Day/Night/Mid Shifts) based on availability
- Competitive salaries plus differentials
- 20 Days of Paid Time Off per year plus personal time/holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Relocation reimbursement
- Generous Total Rewards Benefits Package
- Matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Specialized training opportunities with one-on-one preceptorship
- Nationally renowned Nursing Wellbeing Program
Professional care provider who assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients from admission through discharge. In collaboration with the patient and family, provides theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with various members of the interdisciplinary team.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Associates degree from an accredited School of nursing required. BSN enrollment required within 6 months of start date and completion within 3 years.
Experience: 1 year of RN experience required.
License/Certifications: DC Registered Nurse License required; CPR (Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic math skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Standard Job Duty: Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, safety standards, and MedStar SPIRIT Values. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Collects and analyzes significant patient’s information that pertains to physical, psychological, socio-cultural, economic, spiritual, and life-style behaviors and efficiently leveraging available technology.
- Functions autonomously providing relationship-based care that promotes continuous, consistent, efficient and accountable delivery of nursing care using the nursing process with a favorable focus on patient experience.
- Identifies current and potential complex problems of specific patient populations, critically analyzes trends and changes in patient status, and plans appropriate interventions.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and research into patient care delivery, with a focus on quality and safety.
- Serves as a patient advocate by independently communicating clinical concerns, including ethical decisions, in a timely manner to other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Practices within legal boundaries of nurse practice act and possesses a theoretical understanding of the universal ethical principles. Recognizes ethical discourse in practice and may seek other resources in advocacy for support and counsel.
- Individualizes patients plan of care, focusing on short and long-range goals and effectively uses a variety of teaching resources to meet the learning needs of patients and families.
- Communicates patient information clearly and accurately in verbal and written format.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies actual and potential patient safety issues and acts accordingly while incorporating HRO quality and safety principles.
- Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors. Establishes priorities and delegates tasks to peers and ancillary staff as appropriate to scope of practice and unit requirements.
- Effectively uses problem identification and resolution skills, focusing on the clinical scenario to resolve the apparent concern. Follows the chain of command by consulting with other healthcare professionals and seeks assistance as needed.
- Independently communicates concerns in a timely manner and makes suggestions to members of the interdisciplinary team by seeking and using resources effectively.
- Evaluates the patient's response to treatment and progress toward short and long-range goals and revises nursing interventions as appropriate.
- Identifies patient and family needs prior to discharge. Initiates and monitors discharge planning activities in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Independently identifies resources and strategies to enhance professional growth and development and commits to life-long learning. Engages in professional growth and development through reflective practice from performance feedback and participates in entity professional development activities.
- Supports and contributes to the unit, department, entity, and organizational goals inclusive of the mission, vision, and values.
- Standard Job Duty: Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Standard Job Duty: Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Maintains direct observation of patient when functioning as an Observation Attendant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Easy apply registered nurse jobs
in Reston, VA
$1,964.36 to $1,964.36 weekly Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20022 Urgently Hiring
Asbury Methodist Village
Nurse, LPN, Skilled, PRN
Est. $34 Full-time Gaithersburg, MD 20877 Urgently Hiring $40.00 to $47.00 hourly Full-time Sterling, VA 20163 Urgently Hiring $2,179.47 to $2,179.47 weekly Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20022 Urgently Hiring $2,219.45 to $2,219.45 weekly Full-time, Part-time Germantown, MD 20875 Urgently Hiring $2,179.47 to $2,179.47 weekly Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20022 Urgently Hiring
Asbury Methodist Village
Est. $46 Full-time Gaithersburg, MD 20877 Urgently Hiring $40.00 to $47.00 hourly Full-time Sterling, VA 20164 Urgently Hiring $40.00 to $47.00 hourly Full-time Oakton, VA 22124 Urgently Hiring