Head, Oncology Development - Now Hiring
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
By clicking the “Apply” button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information I provide in my application will be processed in line with Takeda’s and . I further attest that all information I submit in my employment application is true to the best of my knowledge.Job Description
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Oversee (as responsible managber all GPLs and clinical talents (GCLs and clinical scientists) responsible for Oncology development programs, exclusive of cell therapy programs and commercial assets that have progressed beyond label expansion, and inclusive of talents in Asia.
- Ensure clinical development programs are appropriately designed to support asset strategy and OTAU objectives.
- Serve as Chair of the synopsis and protocol review board (OTECH) for non-cell therapy programs.
- Serve as co-Chair of the Oncology clinical / translational strategy advisory board (ODeST).
- Serve as co-Chair of the Oncology Development exteneded Leadership Team (ODeLT). In this capacity, coordinate the oncology-dedicated functional leaders across development as an extention of the TAU leadership team to enable advancement of the portfolio by the Global Program Teams (GPTs).
- Serve as core member of TOMM, the senior leadership team responsible for Development and Business Unit alignment.
- Particpate actively in BD assessments and in alliance management, serving as JSC and JDC representative on partnerships.
- Represent the OTAU position at the Takeda Safety Board.
- Work closely with Clinical Ops to ensure operational excellence in clinical studies.
- Serve as a champion / lead for key enterprise initiatives at level of RMC, TOMM, OTAU, etc.
- Serves as manager and mentor of all Oncology Global Project Leadesr (GPLs) for non-cell therapy programs – the talents who serve as the single acountable leaders for Oncolgoy development assets (exception of GPLs responsible for commercial assets that have progressed beyond label-expanding registrational studies).
- Ensures critical aligment between Oncology R&D and OBU as a core member of the Takeda Oncology Management Meeting (TOMM), reprsenting the most senior leadership team spanning Oncology Research, Development and Commercial.
- As co-Chair of the Oncology clinical / translational strategy advisory board (ODeST), ensures that teams receive critical feedback on clinical and translational aspects of their Development strategies.
- As Chair of the Oncology Tenjin Committee Hub (OTECH), works with oncology-designated global functional leaders to provide cross functional technical review into the synopses and full protocols designed to implement the asset strategy.
- As Chair of the Oncology Development Leadership Team (ODeLT), facilitates execution by GPTs of PRC-endorsed plans. To that end, provides support of cross-functional challenges escalated by GPTs; tackles portfolio-level operational challenges identified as major themes; addresses certain strategic challenges beyond the scope of hte GPTs.
- Supports ongoing R&D transformation and integration initiatives and provides oncology therapeutic area perspective and advocacy across Takeda. To those ends, liaises with Chief Medical Officer, and Head, Global Patient Safety Evaluation, Development Operations, and Clinical Supply Chain, and reporting functions.
- Is accountable for the Oncology Clinical Science budget across regions.
- In partnership with the regional Oncology TAU leaders, leads and harmonises the Oncology Clinical Science organisation in terms of process management, resource allocation, efficiency and standards.
- Supports organizational team effectiveness initiatives that advance the fit-for-purpose Global Program Team model and Clinical SubTeam/Study Execution Team (CST/SET), particularly in the context of the evolving Future Fit trial delivery operating model.
- As a member of the Oncology TAU Leadership Team (OTAULT) is accountable to drive its key initiatives.
- On behalf of Takeda, chairs the Sponsor Executive Committee that liaises with Independent Data Monitoring Committees (IDMC).
- Is accountable for strategic medical guidance to Business Development.
- Provides input and collaborates with (internal and external) and cross-functional strategic teams and task forces.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Has leading edge knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories in the discipline. May represent Company or act as an external technical resource.
- Applies technical, line and business knowledge to lead the strategic direction of line and/or zone portfolio.
- Develops innovative ideas and leads complex discipline, department and/or line projects.
- Demonstrates strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients, and build trust, reputation and business
- Creates the environment that inspires and enables people to collaborate and move the organization forward
- Focuses on the few priorities and delivers superior results
- Elevates the capabilities of the organization for now and the future
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Decisions have a long-term effect on the objectives of the Oncology TAU and on the Clinical Science function within Takeda R&D
- Decisions impact the Clinical Science discipline and the Oncology TAU
- Exercises foresight and judgment in initiating, planning, organizing and guiding highly complex projects across the clinical development lines.
- Responsible for uncovering and resolving issues associated with the strategic development and implementation of operational programs. Advises colleagues on technical and policy issues; is considered a subject -matter expert providing technical guidance.
- Contribution is evaluated based on business impact requiring a long-term perspective. Reviews work completed by other colleagues outside of direct line and/or from other teams.
- Decisions have a long-term effect on the objectives of the discipline, department and/or line.
- Decisions impact the discipline, department and/or line and its customers.
- Influences the direction of the discipline to Company's advantage. Is a visionary in leveraging an environment of experimentation and developing creative thinking that will have an effect on Company, its partners, and the community.
- makes decisions by developing innovative options and/or multiple solutions to highly complex problems. Recommends courses of action to management and/or senior leaders that impact the discipline, department or line. Influences the decisions of management/senior leaders.
- Provides/leads in-depth analyses and recommendations to management and senior leaders in complex ambiguous situations across the discipline, department and/or line.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- M.D. required. It is also required that this individual not only have sufficient grounding in the principles of the scientific method and cancer biology, but also have experience in oncology drug development and regulatory sciences sufficient to lead internal and external projects relevant to the Oncology TAU across the spectrum of R and D (early and late phase, LCM).
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
in Chestnut Hill, MA
Physician Leader Geriatrics - Landmark Health - MA
Est. $82 Full-time, Part-time Boston, MA 02117 Urgently Hiring
Metrowest Medical Center
OR Analyst Full-Time Days
Est. $55 Full-time, Part-time Boston, MA 02120 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Readville, MA 02136 Urgently Hiring
Part Time Renal Dietitian
Est. $36 Full-time, Part-time Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120 Urgently Hiring
Associate Medical Director Geriatrics - Landmark Health - MA
Est. $72 Full-time, Part-time Boston, MA 02117 Urgently Hiring
Associate Medical Director - Urgent Care - MA
Est. $72 Full-time, Part-time Boston, MA 02117 Urgently Hiring
Medical Director, PV, Global Patient Safety - GI
Est. $73 Full-time, Part-time Chestnut hill, MA 02467 Urgently Hiring
Associate Medical Director/Medical Director, Clinical Science, GI
Est. $73 Full-time, Part-time Newton center, MA 02459 Urgently Hiring
Director, Medical Communications, Hematology/Rare Diseases
Full-time, Part-time Newton center, MA 02459 Urgently Hiring
Easy apply radiologic technologist jobs
in Chestnut Hill, MA
New England College of Optometry
Specialty Services Patient Care Coordinator
$22.00 to $23.00 hourly Part-time Boston, MA 02215 Urgently Hiring
NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE OF OPTOMETRY
Patient Care Coordinator Boston
$22.00 to $23.00 hourly Full-time Boston, MA 02115 Urgently Hiring
Thom Child And Family Services
Bi-Lingual Social Worker / Clinician - Early Intervention
Est. $50 Part-time Waltham, MA 02452 Urgently Hiring $2,356.96 to $2,356.96 weekly Full-time, Part-time Boston, MA 02298 Urgently Hiring
Sustainable Talent Limited Liability Company
Laboratory Technologist 1
$24 - $30 / hour Part-time Waltham, MA 02451 Urgently Hiring
Senior Research Scientist
Est. $27 Part-time Lexington, MA 02420 Urgently Hiring $2,423.08 to $2,423.08 weekly Full-time, Part-time Boston, MA 02298 Urgently Hiring $2,356.96 to $2,356.96 weekly Full-time, Part-time Boston, MA 02298 Urgently Hiring $2,356.96 to $2,356.96 weekly Full-time, Part-time Boston, MA 02298 Urgently Hiring
Companies hiring radiologic technologists
in Chestnut Hill, MA
- Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Metrowest Medical Center
- Tufts University
- Ivy Exec
- Novartis Group Companies
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- FlexCare Medical Staffing
- Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- OneStaff Medical
- MedPro Healthcare Allied Staffing