Sr. Specialist, Advanced Analytics - Full-time / Part-time
Conyers, GA 30094
DIRECTV Sales & Service Operations is seeking a Sr. Specialist in Advanced Analytics to gather, analyze, and interpret a wide variety of data to identify causal relationships, trigger points and ultimately make predictions on customer behavior. Data trending and insights are crucial to understanding performance drivers, sales forecasting, planning, and cost impact. This individual contributor selects data samples, analyzes collected information according to statistical methods, and creates reports, charts, tables, and other visual aids in support of findings and direct recommendations to the business. This role supports multiple call centers that are responsible for analyzing historical customer calling patterns, forecasting daily call volume traffic for regional or national call center operations, and reacting to forecast as a baseline to determine spikes and declines which could be the result of systems outages.
Here's what you’ll do:
- Utilize deep analytical knowledge to develop and focus on key performance indicators critical to delivering on business goals.
- Projects may include churn analysis, customer behavior and segmentation, sales analysis, product level analysis (adoption, price elasticity modeling) and customer experience analysis.
- Ability to collect, explore, and identify the right data from various data sources to explain or predict behavior and solve a variety of business problems.
- Tool/Data Utilization expectations (Not limited to): SQL, Vertica, Data Bricks, Python, Data Lakes, PowerBI, Tableau, Snowflake, and other open-sourced programs.
- Advise executives and business partners regarding patterns and relationships in data to recommend business direction or outcomes.
- Develop PowerBI or other visualization tool Dashboards to support automation of analysis work and visualization optimization for an executive level audience, while exploring new toolsets to improve work product.
- Work with minimal supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Display appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decisions in solutioning a business problem.
- Apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to complete difficult assignments.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of related experience in advanced analytics, data science, big data, relational database structures, reporting, dashboarding, ad hoc analysis.
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, business, or related quantitative field preferred; advanced degree is a plus.
- Expertise in R, Python, SQL, Databricks, Snowflake, disparate data sets, data mining, data visualization tools. Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Expertise in MS Office Suite.
- Strong Oral, written, and interpersonal skills, must be capable of explaining complex information to others in straightforward manner.
- Recommend solutions to improve performance based on analysis.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
A career with us comes with big rewards:
DIRECTV's compensation structure is designed to be market-competitive and fully supports efforts to attract and retain employees. It is the company's policy to offer pay that is competitive with other employers in the local market. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
The Base Salary range displayed below reflects the minimum and maximum target salary for each of DIRECTV's 4 (four) US Labor Market Zones. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
DIRECTV WAGE ZONES
Low (N1): $96,140 - $144,210
Mid (N2): $101,200 - $151,800
High (N3): $111,320 - $166,980
Top (N4): $116,380 - $174,570
Click to review information on some of the largest Designated Market Areas (DMAs). Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the salary ranges reflect base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits - when you consider all of these together, it represents a pretty impressive total compensation package.