Sr. Dir, Advanced Analytics
Snellville, GA 30039
DIRECTV is seeking a Senior Director of Advanced Analytics to identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve Contact Center business performance. This is a technical role requiring experience in SQL, Data Science principles, as well as team management and the ability to present to executive leaders. This strategic leader will use general to advanced business analytics approaches (including forecasting, scenario planning, testing, statistics, and predictive analytics) to uncover business drivers and help drive strategic plans. This supervisory role will oversee a team of Data Analysts and Developers, while also influencing the Contact Center priorities by developing processes to unlock the value of data.
Here's what you’ll do:
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and determine what insights are missing and valuable, then create a path to extract and leverage that data (in collaboration with Call center leadership, Engineering, Business Intelligence, Sales, and Marketing, etc.) 20%
- Drive analytics as a strategic business asset at the executive level, shaping how DIRECTV uses this asset to identify areas of opportunity for competitive and operational improvements 30%
- Translate data from new applications and establish Contact Center KPIs/targets to drive performance 15%
- Explore and visualize data to convey a narrative that leads to deep understanding 10%
- Become the subject matter expert for business operations and key drivers of revenue, cost, and business performance, and then ensure that the relevant business stakeholders possess a deep understanding of those metrics 10%
- Challenge existing assumptions, revisit unexamined strategies, and if needed, challenge deep rooted ideas to build an accurate depiction of the business using data 5%
- Organize and coordinate staff functions and activities such as Staff meetings, Annual Calibration, Mid-Year Assessment, etc. 5%
- Ensure that decisions and departmental work plans align with the mission, values, and strategic vision 5%
Here's what you’ll need:
- Advanced college degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, and/or Computer Science, or in related fields and/or related expertise, preferred.
- Typically requires 10+ years related experience in advanced analytics, big data, relational database structures, research methods, sampling techniques, and system testing as well as supervisory experience.
- Possess strong understanding of internal business segment and stakeholders.
- Powerful Communicator – articulate with an ability to communicate in a direct and clear manner; history of communication with C-level executives using oral, written, and presentation formats is preferred.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
A career with us comes with big rewards:
DIRECTV's compensation structure is designed to be market-competitive and fully supports efforts to attract and retain employees. It is the company's policy to offer pay that is competitive with other employers in the local market. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
The Base Salary range displayed below reflects the minimum and maximum target salary for each of DIRECTV's 4 (four) US Labor Market Zones. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
DIRECTV WAGE ZONES
Low (N1): $154,850- $232,180
Mid (N2): $163,000 - $244,400
High (N3): $179,300 - $268,840
Top (N4): $187,450 - $281,060
Click to review information on some of the largest Designated Market Areas (DMAs). Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the salary ranges reflect base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits - when you consider all of these together, it represents a pretty impressive total compensation package.