Technician Apprentice Program - Body Apprentice (Wilmington, NC)
Supply, NC 28462
Body Apprentices in the Technician Apprentice Program (TAP) will learn to safely repair damaged vehicles to pre-accident condition using OEM and industry-approved repair techniques. Working with a Trainer, apprentices will learn to identify damage, read and supplement repair estimates, and efficiently and effectively repair vehicles per Caliber’s Standards of Quality guidelines, to a non-structural level, using Caliber’s SOPs and strategies for success.
We are looking for individuals that have a desire to Do the Right Thing and thrive in a purpose-driven, team-driven culture that supports you to reach your full potential. If this sounds like you, please join us!
Essential Job Duties:
- Follow Trainer instructions for personal, teammate, vehicle, and work environment safety
- Follow Trainer direction while learning to read estimates, identify damage, repair vehicles, and check work for quality and accuracy
- Complete all required written, online or instructional training material upon request
- Take responsibility for learning all training material and hands-on skills and communicate any learning concerns to Trainer
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of personal and common TAP training areas
- Report any safety or equipment hazards in the TAP training areas to the Trainer immediately
- Use all Caliber-owned tools and equipment, loaned-out tools, and other Caliber assets with care
- Perform student-tool inventory at close of business each work day and advise Trainer of damaged or missing tools/equipment
- Assist in the instruction and hands-on training of newer additions to the training team when requested
- Gradually increase personal and team production while maintaining quality and accuracy of vehicle repairs
- Participate in Skills Assessment testing and Teams Meetings as requested
- Treat Trainer and all Caliber teammates, vendors, and others with respect and courtesy at all times
- Strive to be a stand-out performer in all competencies including attitude, work ethic, quality, and efficiency
- Perform other related duties to ensure quality and timely completion of repairs and meeting learning objectives
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under Caliber’s insurance policy (Not an excluded driver)
- Previous collision experience and/or Collision Vo-Tech certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with Trainer, teammates, customers and vendors
- Ability to read and understand instructions, written estimates/work orders, and repair procedure documents and diagrams
- Ability to use a computer for online learning, researching repair procedures, and other related tasks
- Ability to multi-task; adapts easily to a fast-paced environment and works well under pressure
- Must have strong attention to detail and solid mechanical aptitude
- Must comply with all safety requirements, respirator safety, and fitment/usage. Maintain compliance to pass required safety mask fit test
- Must be willing to take instruction and work direction from multiple teammates and work as part of a team
- Processes information quickly, has a good memory, and has ability to prioritize and execute work tasks as assigned
- Commitment to excellence in repairs; works quickly, but does not take shortcuts that compromise repair quality
- Demonstrate commitment to continued learning by participation in Caliber and industry-required training
- Personable, friendly demeanor with “World Class” customer service approach to internal and external customers
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance
- **Changing Lanes students must have successfully completed the Changing Lanes program prior to entering TAP
Compensation & Benefits
- Create a High-Paying Career Faster Than You Can Earn a 4-Year Degree
- Self-driven, hands-on training program that gives you the skills needed in 10-12 months vs. 1-2 years at school programs
- Pair up with an expert Caliber Collision technician with state-of-the-art equipment in a live production environment
- All benefits start day one!
- Medical, dental, vision packages with multiple options.
- 401(k) and financial
- Paid Time Off and Paid holidays including New Year’s day, Memorial day, 4th of July, Labor day, Thanksgiving day, Christmas day.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Position is based in a normal shop environment. Common physical requirements include reaching below and above shoulder level, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to inspect repairs, and lifting and carrying objects over 50lbs. Exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust, and high levels of noise. Subject to weather conditions both inside and outside. Required to wear protective equipment when necessary. Occasional sedentary work. Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
About Caliber Collision
Caliber is a family of companies committed to making a difference in the lives of our teammates, our customers and our communities. We do this with one singular purpose in mind – Restoring the Rhythm of Your Life.® At a lot of places, this is just a marketing slogan. Not at Caliber. Getting our customers back to what matters most to them is what drives us.
This is the Purpose we live by every day. We don’t just restore cars, we restore lives. From getting people back on the road, to being immersed in our communities, it’s what drives us to do our best work every day. And it starts with our teammates.
We provide our teammates with a safe, positive work environment, competitive pay, industry-leading benefits, skills training and certifications (including I-CAR and ASE) and in-person and online leadership development. Our highly skilled teammates are respected for their talents across all disciplines. Our goal is to create a workplace where everyone is valued, continually trained and recognized for their contributions to the team. We truly believe that when we invest in our people, all boats rise.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Caliber Collision. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.