Similar available jobs
in Seymour, CT
Est. $49 Full-time, Part-time Oxford, CT 06478 Urgently Hiring
Certified Nursing Assistant
Seymour, CT 06478
CNA Certified Nursing Assistant
Masonicare ALSA Services - Smithfield Garden
Evening Shift / 8 hours per week
Masonicare manages the assisted living services program in several managed care communities throughout the state. Certified Nursing Assistants in the Masonicare ALSA Service program assist residents with activities of daily living and personal care to maximize independence, freedom of choice and quality of life.
CNA - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance with essential activities of daily living and personal care to residents based on age, needs and abilities of the resident, including bathing, dressing and undressing, ambulating, toileting, assistance with meals and nourishment's, personal hygiene (shaving, dental hygiene, nail, hair and foot care), transferring using proper body mechanics and appropriate assistive devices and care of ADL devices such as eyeglasses and hearing aids.
- Provides assistance with instrumental activities of daily living to residents based on age, needs and abilities of the resident:placing and/or receiving telephone calls, performing light housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning bathroom, bed making and bed changes, assisting with laundry, escorting the resident and coordinating internal transportation needs and assisting with mail delivery and correspondence
- Assists the resident with self-administration of medications, through cueing only
- Observes and reports changes in the residents' physical condition and cognitive/emotional status to ALSA Supervisor or Director of Assisted Living Services, as needed.
- Conducts room checks on resident rounds, monitors for environmental safety hazards, records incidents, errors or accidents and records resident and resident related events.
- Assists in a variety of tasks related to dining (escorting residents, set-up and clean-up, serving meals)
- Responsible for participating in and supporting the resident centered activity program. Completes required written documentation concerning resident care and activities during shift
- Is a resident advocate at all times and follows agency policies concerning confidentiality
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations and follows up with appropriate staff, resident or others regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Acts as ambassador to guest and other off-campus visitors and maintains certifications required for employment
- Performs other duties as required
No experience required. CNA Certification is a must
COMPENSATION: Masonicare has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range relative to your experience. The pay range for this position is: $16 - $22 / hour
Easy apply nursing assistant jobs
in Seymour, CT
Est. $49 Full-time, Part-time Oxford, CT 06478 Urgently Hiring Est. $53 Part-time Waterbury, CT 06705 Urgently Hiring Est. $49 Full-time, Part-time Monroe, CT 06468 Urgently Hiring Est. $49 Full-time, Part-time Trumbull, CT 06611 Urgently Hiring Est. $49 Full-time, Part-time Southbury, CT 06488 Urgently Hiring Est. $53 Full-time, Part-time Waterbury, CT 06702 Urgently Hiring Est. $48 Full-time, Part-time Woodbury, CT 06798 Urgently Hiring Est. $48 Full-time, Part-time Roxbury, CT 06783 Urgently Hiring Est. $49 Full-time, Part-time Newtown, CT 06470 Urgently Hiring