The job below is no longer available.
Similar available jobs
in West Covina, CA
est. per hourCare.com • 16h ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourKaiser • 4d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourMartin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourWest Covina Healthcare Center • 8d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourPenn Mar Healthcare Center • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourCommunity Care Center (2) • 8d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourGreen Acres Healthcare Center • 5h ago Urgently hiring
- $18 - $22
Verified per hourLive Oak Rehabilitation Center • 5h ago Urgently hiring
Nursing Department Manager, RN Operating Room FT - Full-time / Part-time
West Covina, CA 91793
30 days ago
$58 per hour
About this job
Sign-on bonus eligible position, 10% of annual salary offered.
Manages the delivery of nursing services and safe patient care within assigned department and across the continuum of care. Manages the delivery of services that add value and are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcome measures, as well as with strategic, business and organizational goals/objectives.
- Manages on a 24 hour basis the delivery of nursing services and safe patient care which meet or exceed cost, quality, and clinical and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations and needs in a changing, competitive health care market. Holds staff accountable in providing the highest quality of care while in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, TJC, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Works with Nursing Leadership to develop strategic/business plans to achieve integrated services across the continuum of care. Manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care within assigned department and across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors department's budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Ensures ongoing staff development.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives and ensures they are met. Develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Manages and resolves human resource and risk management issues.
- Accountable to promote an organizational culture of safety. Ensures appropriate patient, employee and department safety standards and guidelines are implemented consistently in the delivery of health care and adhere to administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and regulatory agencies.
- Participates in leadership committees and forums on a Medical Center, Regional level and/or National level.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical nursing experience relevant to a given position/department required, including three (3) years of management, supervisory or leadership experience.
- Academic degree in nursing required (Bachelor's or Masters degree).
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- BSN and National Health/Nursing Administration Certification or MSN are required for PICU and NICU Departments for facilities that are CCS certified or desire CCS certification.
License, Certification, Registration
- California RN license required by date of hire.
- AHA BLS certificate required.
- Leadership Experience will be permissible for Kaiser Permanente internal applicants only and is defined by the following criteria: Demonstrated clinical nursing leadership as a Charge/Senior RN, participation on professional committees inclusive of UBTs, National Certification in Specialty, demonstrated completion of RN Leadership Development Program and/or demonstrated experiential exposure to Nursing Leadership.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and management skills.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous experience with electronic medical record.
- Master's degree.
- National Certification in specialty.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners, RN Manager