Care Manager I (Social Work)
Coatsburg, IL 62325
You could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members as a clinical professional on our Medical Management/Health Services team. Centene is a diversified, national organization offering competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.THIS POSITION IS REMOTE/WORK FROM HOME WITH UP TO 50% TRAVEL TO VISIT MEMBERS IN THEIR HOMES IN THE PEORIA, IL AREA.
Position Purpose: Perform care management duties to assess, plan and coordinate all aspects of medical and supporting services across the continuum of care for select members to promote quality, cost effective care.• Develop, assess and adjust, as necessary, the care plan and promote desired outcome
• Assess the member's current health status, resource utilization, past and present treatment plan and services, prognosis, short and long term goals, treatment and provider options
• Coordinate services between Primary Care Physician (PCP), specialists, medical providers, and non-medical staff as necessary to meet the complete medical socio economic needs of clients
• Develop plan of care based upon assessment with specific objectives, goals and interventions designed to meet member's needs
• Provide patient and provider education
• Facilitate member access to community based services
• Monitor referrals made to community based organizations, medical care and other services to support the members’ overall care management plan
• Actively participate in integrated team care management rounds
• Identify related risk management quality concerns and report these scenarios to the appropriate resources
• Enter and maintain assessments, authorizations, and pertinent clinical information into various medical management systems
• Home visits required 1 x 6 months, approx. 50% travel with mileage reimbursement at current IRS guideline rate.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work. 2+ years of social work experience in an acute care or community setting. Knowledge of government sponsored managed care programs preferred.
For Illinois Health Plan only:
Required A Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Rehabilitation, or other relevant field that provides a foundation to receive a license as required of the position. Required: Unrestricted license as Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) or Registered Nurse (RN)
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.