Similar available jobs
in Wilkeson, WA
Customer Engineer (Experienced, Senior)
Wilkeson, WA 98396
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for multiple Senior Customer Engineer - Account Manager (Level 4) and Experienced Customer Engineer – Feature Manager (Level 3) to join Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) Customer Engineering located in Renton, WA.
Customer Engineering Account Managers are the primary technical interface between customers and Boeing Commercial Airplanes responsible for defining the contractual airplane configuration. These issues may relate to seats, galleys, lavatories, in-flight entertainment, connectivity options, flight deck avionics, monuments, cargo systems, lights, etc. In this position, one will establish and maintain a relationship with airplane customers and guide them through the development, management, and delivery of their airplane configuration.
Customer Engineering Feature Managers collaborate with Airplane/Product Development and Airplane Programs on new features in alignment with BCA strategies. Lead the integration and alignment of feature strategy development and offerability on all Airplane Programs. Specific areas of focus: Cabin Systems (including In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity), Cabin Interior, Airframe and Flight Deck/Operations (Avionics) environments.
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at the listed location. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
As an Account Manager, you will:
- Frequently interact with Boeing Sales, Marketing, Contracts and airplane program leadership.
- Work with the customer to understand their needs and effectively develop and maintain the configuration based on those needs.
- Fully understand customer needs and communicate their interests within The Boeing Company.
- Provide support to the customer for all stages of airplane development from pre-proposal to delivery.
- Represent the Boeing Company to the customer and act as the primary technical contact for any configuration issues.
- Interact with domestic and international customers and suppliers.
- Coordinate with diverse technical and business organizations within Boeing.
As a Feature Manager, you will:
- Develop and manage configuration tools, feature strategies and offering structures to enable airplane configuration definition.
- Use customer knowledge, data analytics, regulatory, in-service and production insight and industry trends to ensure feature offerings provide customer and Boeing value.
- Communicate feature and product offering and significant configuration change information to customers and Customer Engineering Account Managers.
- Provide Programs, customers, and configuration teams with feature strategy, customer and industry knowledge, airplane configuration data, and feature product information.
- Ensure Boeing leads the industry by providing technical advancements that result in increased market share and profit for the Boeing Company.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 5 or more years of related work experience.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Customer or Supplier facing experience 1+ years
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA
- 5 or more years of engineering experience in Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Typical Education & Experience:
Level 3: Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Level 4: Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering or computer science. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position does offer relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union-represented position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range Mid-level (level 3): $104,550 - $141,450
Summary pay range Senior (level 4): $128,350 – $173,650
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Easy apply customer service representative jobs
in Wilkeson, WA
- $18.69 - $20
Verified per hourSeattle Monorail Services • 28d ago Urgently hiring 44.9 mi
- $19.78 - $25.23
Verified per hourSRS Distribution • 2h ago Urgently hiring 39.6 mi
- $16.50 - $20
Verified per hourDock Street Marina • 30d ago Urgently hiring 29.2 mi
- Seattle Monorail Services • 8d ago
Fast response 44.9 mi