The job below is no longer available.
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) - Highland Helath andRehabilitation of Cascadia - Full-time
Bellingham, WA 98229
30 days ago
$46 per hour
About this job
A Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) assists in the treatment of injured, ill, or disabled patients through the therapeutic use of everyday activities, under the direct supervision of an Occupational Therapist (OT). The Occupational Therapist Assistant / Occupational Therapy Assistant / COTA will aid in the provision of rehabilitative services for people suffering from physical, emotional, mental or developmental impairments.
- Administers a treatment program with specific goals determined according to the resident's/patient's capacity and tolerance under the direction of a physician.
- Assists patients with rehabilitative activities and exercises outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an occupational therapist.
- Demonstrates and articulates sound clinical reasoning in treatment planning, implementation and monitoring of resident's/patient's progress.
- Assists in the instruction of residents/patients and families in home programs, basic living skills and the care and use of adaptive equipment
- Punctuality and regular attendance for assigned shifts. Other Functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude toward residents/patients and their treatment progression.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other health care professionals involved with the care of a patient.
- Ability to maintain resident/patient confidentiality.
Available Benefits Include:
- Paid vacation, sick, and holidays (after 90-day Introductory Period)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
- Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Graduate from an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant program
- Current COTA license required
- Current CPR certification required
- Six months experience in a long-term care environment preferred