Similar available jobs
in Sevierville, TN
est. per hourStaples • 8h ago Urgently hiring
- $15.50 - $17.21
Verified per hourREI • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourFive Below • 30d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourMAPCO Express, Inc. • 3d ago Urgently hiring
- $10 - $14
Verified per hourKARM Stores • 6h ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourZaxby's • 30d ago
- $15.50 - $17.21
Verified per hourREI • 4d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourStaples • 8d ago Urgently hiring
Cashier - Full-time / Part-time
Sevierville, TN 37876
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide efficient and courteous service to customers at all times including asking customers to the check-out. NEVER sign off the register with a customer waiting. Always wait until someone comes to relieve you.
- Scan and ring customer orders according to company policy, including store productivity standards. Make sure items are credited to the correct department and all items are removed from the cart.
- Receive and be accountable for all funds taken for each transaction.
- Assist the courtesy clerk in bagging groceries.
- Keep work station and area around work station neat and clean.
- Know and follow all state and local laws regarding beer and/or wine sales.
- Know and follow all federal laws regarding WIC handling.
- Know and follow all coupon handling procedures.
- Follow company check cashing and tendering procedures.
- Know and follow policies and procedures for Debit Card/Credit Card/ Gift Card/EBT Cash/EBT Food Stamp transactions.
- Follow company policy for proper use of assigned tills.
- Take weekly produce tests.
- Responsible to see that all not-on-file items have been recorded and turned in on a daily basis.
- Follow proper procedures for obtaining change.
- Proper usage of intercom.
- NEVER carry on a conversation with another associate while checking out an order.
- Know and understand the ValuCard program and be able to explain the program.
- Assist with light stocking duties (candy, cigarettes)
- Sweep front end.
- Replace misplaced items to the proper location.
- Keep bathrooms neat and clean.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
?Benefits of working for Food City:
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!
About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to "run the best store in town." Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family.