Pharmacist - Full-time / Part-time
White Pine, TN 37890
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide and promote efficient and courteous patient counseling service to customers at all times.
- Follow Food City operating policies and procedures, including compliance with governmental laws.
- Maximize sales and profits by promoting customer satisfaction and achieving acceptable levels of gross margin.
- Direct the duties of department associates during the time the Pharmacy Manager is off.
- Provide pharmacy associates with training and development in required skills and areas of job responsibilities.
- Ensure associates motivation and enthusiasm is at positive level.
- Set an example of personal integrity, appearance and ethical business practices which provide a standard of conduct for all departmental associates.
- Fill prescriptions and evaluate prescriptions for completeness, accuracy and legality.
- Check prescriptions for proper contents and labeling.
- Maintain adequate patient information to ensure safety and appropriateness of prescriptions.
- Ensure prescription pricing follows established guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure inventory is maintained at appropriate levels; manage the merchandise ordering process and product selection in the pharmacy to maintain optimal Rx turns.
- Maintain a high level of inventory quality keeping a close inspection of returns and out-of-date product.
- Ensure compliance with corporate security and loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy and completion of all required paperwork and reports.
- Make, mix and compound prescriptions for the customer and give over-the-counter recommendations. .
- Enforce and maintain all safety policies and procedures while being aware of possible safety hazards for associates and customers and eliminate potential hazards.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area and direct normal housekeeping duties.
- Operate cash register as necessary during pharmacy technician’s breaks and lunches as necessary.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Minimum required Certifications:
Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA)
Benefits of working for Food City:
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!
About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to "run the best store in town." Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family.