Stocker - Receiving
| Estimated Pay ||$17 per hour|
|Location|| 6130 12th St E |
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
From $15.69 - $16.47
Position Title: Stocker - Receiving
Supervisor: Receiving Manager
FLSA: Full/Part Time, Hourly, 8-10 Hour Shifts, Union
Restaurant Depot is a wholesale cash-and-carry foodservice distributor. Our mission is to provide our customers with Savings, Selection & Service, 7 Days a Week. Our customers are a targeted group: independent restaurants, caterers, and not-for-profits. We offer these customers the right products, at competitive prices, in the quantities they need, every day of the week. We are a privately-owned, multi-billion-dollar company and operate 150+ warehouses & distribution centers in 37 states.
The Stocker is responsible for ensuring all products are delivered to their assigned department or area The Stocker may also pack out and stock merchandise to ensure continuous availability for customers. In addition, they must ensure that all customers that they encounter are greeted and assisted in a friendly manner. It is also the employee’s responsibility to service any customers that may require assistance selecting and retrieving products from the shelves.
- Removes pallets from delivery trucks with the use of scooter or pallet/pump jack
- Stages the pallets and merchandise so that the supervisor can perform the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations
- Breaks down vendor pallets and separates products for different departments
- Secures product on pallets by properly stocking merchandise and securing them with wrap
- Completes block tags with item number and date of delivery and attaches the block tag to the pallets to ensure proper identification and rotation.
- Moves pallets to designated departments
- Keeps work area safe by promptly handling any spills and removing and properly disposing of any trash such as plastic wrap, plastic ties, pieces of wood or any other debris.
- Performs required safety checks of equipment before use.
- Informs supervisor of any safety concerns.
- Provides basic maintenance to equipment such as charging the electric equipment.
- Provides prompt, courteous, and friendly customer service.
- Assist customers with loading and off-loading of product as needed.
- Assists customers with product location and detailed information when needed.
Physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Walking/standing on concrete up to 10 hours/day
- Frequently turning, standing, reaching, stooping, and/or bending
- Frequently pushing/pulling objects 500 to 1,500 lbs.
- Frequently lifting/carrying objects more than 60 lbs.
- Requires frequent exposure to cold/freezing temperatures
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks, scooters)
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
- May be required to work in other departments as needed.
- Company Paid Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Sick & Personal PTO
- Other Union Benefits including Annuity
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I can perform the required functions.