Similar available jobs
in Roswell, GA
Sprouts Farmers Market
Assistant Meat/Seafood Manager
Est. $30 Full-time Roswell, GA 30076
The Fresh Market
Meat and Seafood Team Member
Est. $15 Part-time Alpharetta, GA 30022
Assistant Meat/Seafood Manager - Full-time
Roswell, GA 30076
Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge of meat and seafood with others while helping to teach and develop a team? Do you enjoy working in an environment that requires precision and expertise? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as an Assistant Meat Manager.Overview of Responsibilities:
As the Assistant Meat & Seafood Manager – you have a role in helping customers make healthy food choices by providing excellent customer service through managing and leading one of the busiest teams in our store
- Assist the Meat & Seafood Manager in managing and merchandising the department for maximum productivity and profit
- Responsible for ordering and inventory controls, product quality, and supervision of the Meat & Seafood team.
- Effectively coordinate production, merchandising, and sales through ongoing planning, direction, goal setting, communication, and teamwork.
- Assist in leading a team that brainstorms to deliver the finest quality of product, highest level of service, and the greatest experience your customers will receive
- Assist in hiring, teaching, training, developing the Meat & Seafood team
- Knowledge of weekly ad items and assists with inventory and ordering; enforcing and following department practices regarding the receiving, stocking and unloading of product to ensure freshness and quality and is able to perform and follow our “Clean as You Go” and “Fresh at 4” Programs.
- Unload and sort through store deliveries, operate, and maintain meat & seafood equipment
- Ensure the execution of all company health, safety, and sanitation guidelines/regulations, and validate that other Meat & Seafood team members are also aware of, and following, these procedures.
- If you’re someone who thrives in a fast paced environment, then we want to hear from you!
To be an Assistant Meat Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a basic knowledge of math, weights and measures. Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience, proven leadership experience, and 2-3 years of grocery retail experience in Meat department processes and procedures is highly preferred.
- Be dependable and reliable and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations, and Company recipes.
- Must be capable of standing for up to 4 hour continuously, and a total of 8 hours per shift is a must; will walk up to 2 miles per 8 hours.
- Be able to work inside a temperature controlled area., and perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Possess good vision is required for using sharp knives, band saw, grinder, sausage maker, box cutter, wrapping machine and tenderizer.
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically between 25 to 90 lbs., from 4” to 60”, a distance up to 10 feet for 20 hours.
- Be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets horizontally up to 500 lbs., requiring a force of up to 85 lbs., a distance up to 100 feet for up to 5 hours.
- Be able to horizontally move racks of products weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force up to 25 lbs., for a distance up to 50 feet for up to 10 hours.
- Be able to move tables weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force greater than 35 lbs., a distance up to 2 feet for up to 1 hour.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate families health
- Vacation accrual plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Contests and appreciation events throughout the year full of prizes, food and fun!
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- Bonus based on company and/or individual performance
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental and vision
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid short-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Paid holidays
Get Paid Every Day!
Sprouts Farmers Market offers DailyPay - if you’re hired as an eligible employee, you’ll be able to transfer the money you’ve already earned at no extra cost, and get it the next business day, for free. We offer DailyPay so you don’t have to wait for payday to access the money you’ve already worked for. With DailyPay, you can see how much you’ve made every day and you can transfer your money any time before payday.
You can learn more by visiting .Why Sprouts:
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Sprouts will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see for more information.