Plant Controller - Full-time
About this job
The Plant Controller position is a key leadership role within the designated manufacturing plants leadership teams. Supporting the day-to-day operations of the accounting and finance department and responsible for accurate reporting of month-end financial statements while implementing strategic operational internal control processes. This position is responsible to meet the goals and objectives of the organization by functioning as a business partner with plant, sales, and financial leaders. Responsibility to oversee the execution of financial processes, policies, and programs personally and through their team.
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Lead financial staff at the plant, accountable for plant-level responsibilities which may include general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and computer operations.
- Perform audits to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly, report audit results.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory using available data from production, shipping, and other activities. Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Prepare monthly reports of results, forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Attend daily production meetings. Perform periodic walkthroughs of the Plant with the Director of Operations to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, materials, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value. Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales, and finance.
ProAmpac is building a wellness culture through its PRO360 initiative: An interactive, fully integrated wellbeing program designed to engage, encourage, and reward all team members on their personal pathway to better health, wealth, growth, and community involvement. Our goal is to ensure 100% of team members achieve a basic level of wellness. Additionally, subject to applicable eligibility requirements, we offer full-time employees a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) with exceptional company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO), plus 11 holidays per calendar year
- Free life and short-term disability insurance
- Wellness, employee discount and rewards programs
- Tuition reimbursement
About the company
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with a comprehensive product offering. We provide creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We continue to grow and would love for you to join our team!
At ProAmpac, our culture is key to our long-term success. We strive to be authentic as we live out the heritage of our small business culture. We value the connections we’ve created, and our employees feel empowered in their shared efforts to innovate successfully. ProAmpac was founded on the idea that a focus on material science will drive innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers, supported by our five core values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement, and Impact – that foster a culture of speed, simplicity, and self-confidence.
Our company is made stronger by challenging ourselves and each other, while we move what matters forward. With a focus on performance and a passion for our work, we are not bound by organizational hierarchy. We are committed to serving our customers and the communities in which we work and live.
By joining us, you become an integral part of an entrepreneurial company in a fast-paced, exciting environment that provides varied opportunities for professional and personal growth.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Masters preferred.
- Five 5 to ten 10 years' experience as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment of similar size/scope, with emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft or similar ERP experience a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of financial processes and related manufacturing.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio, Teams and Outlook.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects privacy of confidential/sensitive information.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able to identify problems and needs and develop solutions and/or options.
- Self-confident, self-motivated, polished professional who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment.