Fire Protection Technician - Entry Level - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay ||$22 per hour|
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Safety Team Inc is a small local independent company providing fire protection services since 1983 and we are seeking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, high energy individuals looking to start a new career on the Fire Protection industry and become an integral part of our team.
We offer excellent opportunities, support, and training to meet individual goals and succeed in the fire protection industry.
The Safety Team Inc performs service, inspections, repairs, and small installations of fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems and special hazard systems.
- Must have a valid WA state driver license with insurable record. If hired, you must provide a driving abstract for the last three years prior employment.
- Due to the nature of our business and customers we service, applicants must comply with WA State vaccination requirements.
- Must be willing to undergo for a constant background checks and screenings (as necessary to meet Governmental and customer's requirments).
- New hire will be cross-trained in fire alarm systems and fire suppression.
- Study and obtain Seattle FD Certifications, State and National Licenses is a requirement
- Must be clean and neat in appearance.
- Must be reliable with high energy and looking to work for an independent company.
- Must be willing and able to take and pass a basic written skills test prior interview.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work full time schedule Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm (in occasions, early morning jobs and overtime will be required).
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Overtime may be required for this position with short notice, which may include 8hr + day, early morning start, nights and weekends to accommodate customer's schedule.
- Must have ability to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, sit for long periods of time, etc.
- Participate in the mandatory On-Call program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- We offer competitive industry related wages and benefits package. Final compensation will be discussed and agreed during in person interview prior employment offer based on the individual's experience.
If you are interested in applying and you want to be considered for the position, be sure to include a cover letter and resume with your contact information.
The Safety Team Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Safety Team Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Safety Team Inc expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
We are following all CDC, Health Official's (national and local), Government as well as specific job sites requirements and guidelines to keep and provide a safe environment to all our employees and customers.