- $22 - $25
Verified per hourWingstop • 3d ago
- $18 - $19
Verified per hourWingstop • 30d ago
Associate or AVP Middle Markets Underwriting Manager
|Location||Los angeles, California|
About this job
Zurich is currently looking for, Middle Markets Underwriting Manager (Associate or AVP), to support our production underwriting team! We are looking for talent to work out of our Los Angeles office. While this position will be based out of our Los Angeles office, you will have the flexibility to work both in the office and remotely. This position will require 2 days a week in office and as needed. You will partner with your manager to set a flexible work schedule that supports you, our customers, and our brokers and agents. This role will require you to be visible in the marketplace to meet with our agents and brokers and be in the office one day a week for a team collaboration day.
Middle Markets is a key business segment within Zurich and we are focused on attracting top customer advocates who possess a sales mindset, strong technical underwriting skills and solution focused problem-solving abilities. Our industry focus includes (not limited to) Financial Institutions, General Industries, Manufacturing, Technology, and Real Estate. Zurich Middle Markets offers end to end solutions for our customers inclusive of international programs. This is an exciting time to join Middle Markets at Zurich!
In this role you will manage a team of skilled Property & Casualty production. You will be expected to travel as necessary to support the needs of the team and to cultivate key broker relationships within the state of California. This is a critical role in driving an engaging team culture. This role requires a strong technical, staff development and sales execution mindset.
This role will be filled at either the Middle Markets Underwriting Manager (Associate or AVP) level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
Middle Markets Underwriting Manager Associate:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Middle Markets Underwriting Manager AVP:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- 2 or more years of management experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Advanced knowledge of line/s of business
- Ability to manage and build rapport with team
- Excellent organizational, written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of the insurance industry and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- 6 months or more of supervisory or management experience
- Established Producer relationships
- Advanced skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating
- Strong presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation
- Advanced knowledge of product lines and insurance industry
- Excellent skills in relationship building
- Strong presentation skills
- Results oriented
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click . Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. In Los Angeles, the starting salary range for the position is: $147,900.00 - $203,400.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time ().
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Los Angeles
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-WL1 #LI-HYBRID