Trash Collector-Truck Required-From $16/Hr Part-Time Night
| Verified Pay ||$16/Hr|
|Location||Leland, North Carolina|
About this job
Are you an owner of a pickup truck or a vehicle with a trailer? If you are, Valet Living has a job opportunity for you as an Apartment Trash Collector (Service Valet). Join our team and use your vehicle to transport trash bags from residents' doorsteps to the trash compactor right on the apartment community property. There's no need for offsite driving or dumping; everything happens conveniently on-site.
In this role, you'll have the flexibility to work during the evening hours in your local area, making it an ideal choice for those looking to supplement their income or earn some extra money alongside another job. As an Apartment Trash Collector, you'll be responsible for providing a valuable service while enjoying the freedom of working on your own in a stress-free environment.
The job itself offers a unique perk - it doubles as a workout, keeping you physically active and energized. We take pride in being an essential business that is continually growing, which means you can count on reliable hours, consistent pay, and exciting opportunities for advancement as you become part of our dynamic team.
You'll work close to home as we serve multiple apartment communities, aiming to assign you to a property that's within a 10-15 minute drive.
No need to worry about prior experience; we provide hands-on, paid training, so you'll be well-prepared from day one. We offer an immediate start date, so you can begin making a difference right away.
If you're looking for a part-time position that lets you leverage your vehicle, work outdoors, and be a valuable part of a growing team, this might just be the perfect fit for you!
• Collect trash and recycling bags door to door within a local apartment community and take these items to the trash compactor or dumpster on the property site (no large or bulk items and no offsite driving and/or dumping)
• Take required photos (arrival, departure, tracking, non-compliance) during service utilizing our company’s App
• Typically work 5 nights a week from Sunday through Thursday
• Work 2-4 hours per shift with shifts starting at either 7:00pm or 8:00pm (some positions may have earlier start/end times and Sundays may require more hours)
• Part time hours working 10-15+ hours per week
What You Get:
• Great pay - pickup truck owners and vehicles using trailers will receive the higher part of our pay range to compensate for the use of their vehicle.
• Get paid as you earn using EarnIn**.
• All driving is done while on community property - no offsite driving or dumping.
• Employee referral bonus program
• Earn reward incentives through our recognition program
• Tuition reimbursement
• Stay physically fit while working outdoors
• All required Personal Protective Equipment (face covering, gloves, safety vest, etc.) is provided free of charge
• Dedicated team of occupational health & safety professionals that manage all aspects of associate safety, including COVID-19 protocols.
What We Require:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Ability to work indoors or outdoors in changing weather conditions
• Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to walk distance of property, and be exposed to disagreeable odors
• Ability to climb up and down staircases/step multiple times throughout the evening.
• A smart phone with data plan to access our mobile app
• An open bed pickup truck or vehicle with trailer is required
• A valid driver's license and current auto insurance in your name (or listed as driver on policy) for your vehicle is required
**EarnIn is a mobile app that gives people access to their money as they earn it - without waiting for payday.