| Estimated Pay ||$13 per hour|
|Location|| 208 Market Place Blvd, Knoxville TN 37922 |
About this job
The Laundry Guest Service Representative (GSR) is responsible for properly cleaning all linen and terry products used at the hotel within a given timeframe while operating and maintaining all property laundry equipment. This position is critical to ensure quality service to our guests and upholding hotel standards while working with members of the hotel team, maintaining room quality as well as the safety and security of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Using the hotel’s set procedures and guidelines, follow directions thoroughly to maintain, operate, set, and clean all laundry items and equipment (i.e. correct usage of detergent and bleaches, emptying dryer lint traps, following proper load limits).
● Ability to maintain the hotel’s laundry cleaning schedule to meet daily operational goals and needs.
● Maintain laundry and linen storage rooms to ensure the area has an adequate level of supplies, is organized, and is free of potential trip & fall hazards; inform management of any inventory shortages and ordering needs.
● Examine laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability, separating out linens that need repair or additional cleaning.
● Maintain positive guest relations at all times and understand guests’ service needs.
● Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
● Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions.
● Ability to exert physical effort in operating laundry equipment and transporting linen between washers and dryers (up to 50lbs) as well as endure various physical movements throughout the work areas during shifts.
● Comply with all OSHA standards.
● Provide special services for guests upon request.
● Performing self-room inspections and accepting feedback from room quality inspections performed by hotel management and trained employees.
● Cross-train in housekeeping, maintenance, and/or front desk job functions, if possible.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Some administrative duties required (timekeeping system, rooms’ cleaned reports, etc.).
● Must maintain a professional appearance in provided uniform with a consistently friendly attitude toward guests and staff.
● Must be able to easily and frequently change from one task to another and work with minimal supervision.
● Frequent lifting and bending are required.
● May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Because some hotels may be exterior corridor hotels, the physical environment may require the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. The position may come into contact with pets. The employee is required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous chemicals/materials. Regularly scheduled hours may include nights, weekends, and holidays. Schedules vary based on business needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach
with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 17 years or older
- Able to comfortably lift 50 lbs